Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Laptop refund advice  (Read 1145 times)

michty_me

• Reg Member
Re: Laptop refund advice
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2020, 04:07:17 PM »

Nice result, if that was an ebay code then the seller may not even be aware.

I'm relieved to be honest and yes it was. I wasn't sure if that was their end or Ebays.

Good result in the end, you were very lucky.

Wondering how things are offshore now with the current situation, travel logistics etc. ?
From memory you are in the drilling services sector ?

I am indeed. I think I'll have to choose wisely now. Now I just need to decide on what laptop to buy now.

Yes, I am. We have to go and get temperature checks prior to getting access to the heliport then when getting survival suits on we are given a snood for wearing on the helicopter.
On the rig, The galley is limited to 20 persons and we have to pick a time slot to eat. Manning has been reduced to a skeleton crew to cope.

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2020, 09:18:53 PM »

Many thanks for the update on offshore logistics and life on the rig, interesting, certainly funny old times.
With the current price of oil would imagine all companies will be feeling the pinch at present, glad to hear your rig is still in employment.

I still have limited contact with some of my old colleagues although "my platform", Marathon, Brae Bravo shut down last July.

Thankfully, no travel logistical issues for me any more which certainly would have been very difficult in the current environment from my location in N.I.

Good luck, take care, stay safe...
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2020, 10:09:56 PM »

Many thanks for the update on offshore logistics and life on the rig, interesting, certainly funny old times.
With the current price of oil would imagine all companies will be feeling the pinch at present, glad to hear your rig is still in employment.

I still have limited contact with some of my old colleagues although "my platform", Marathon, Brae Bravo shut down last July.

Thankfully, no travel logistical issues for me any more which certainly would have been very difficult in the current environment from my location in N.I.

Good luck, take care, stay safe...

It certainly is strange times indeed. Something I hope we don't have to see again.

Yes, we have had a couple of new starts paid off unfortunately and projects put on hold until mid to end of next year.

It looks like we are increasing our numbers now. We are away to go from 90 POB to around 160.
We've had a few quarantined people onboard but thankfully all tested negative. We do have a level barriers off for this purpose.

Same to you, stay safe and take care.
Pages: 1 [2]