Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: CarPhone Warehouse Nightmare  (Read 10038 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
CarPhone Warehouse Nightmare
« on: July 25, 2008, 01:10:17 PM »

As most of you already know I bought anew mobile phone from Carphone Warehouse.You have to buy £10 air time credit when you buy the phone.It should be credited within 2 working days of you receiving the phone.Mine hasn't been. >:( . I phoned them up (that in its self is a nightmare getting through).Was told sorry and that they now have to fill in and send of a non credit form(it's a third party that deals with this) and this can take up to 10 working days.I said thats not good enough and want the £10 crediting back to my card.Can't do that was the reply.So I asked to speak to a supervisor.I was kept hanging on another 10 minutes before the same person came back and said he was sorry he was wrong,its 2 days not 10.If i have not got the credit by tuesday then phone back.I then said what happens then,He said well wait and see if its credited first.I said surely you must have a procedure in place for this.He said we then would have to speak to a manager.I should have known better after the nightmare I had with TalkTalk broadband last year.
Why me,Why me. :no:

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: CarPhone Warehouse Nightmare
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 01:48:44 PM »

Sorry to hear of your problems, unkyUb.
That is so typical of this country nowadays..........they have your money and that is all they care about. The modern moto is "stuff the mugs and take their money"

Em..............did you give any consideration to the in-depth debate about the relative merits of pigeons and semaphore flags ?  >:D

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 02:09:19 PM »

Sorry to hear of your problems, unkyUb.
That is so typical of this country nowadays..........they have your money and that is all they care about. The modern moto is "stuff the mugs and take their money"

Em..............did you give any consideration to the in-depth debate about the relative merits of pigeons and semaphore flags ?  >:D

Well I was going to call you on that matter...............oops I've no credit  :D

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 05:54:09 PM »

Unc,
I don't want to touch a nerve, but . . . .

Bought a PAYG from Asda a while ago and for every top up you do instore or online you get ( until end of August) 10% extra credit added.
Calls are 16p/minute for first 3 minutes in a day then 8p/minute, to any mobile or landline.
Texts are 10p/text for first 3 in a day then 5p/text.

Paid, I think £15 for a Nokia and £20 for credit, and before we had walked out of the store, I got a text saying that I had £22 of credit.

Even gone one better now:
http://tinyurl.com/57aovt

dave

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 06:23:58 PM »

Thanks for that dave  :(. No the reason i have gone withO2 is that i am going to get their broadband.(£7.50 a month if you are an O2 customer).If I top up £10 a month I can have 500 minutes to any uk landline called from my home postcode,which is good for me as I am home most the time.I also got 10% extra for topping up online with  O2.Their tariff is a bit more expensive than Asda,25p a minute for first 3 minutes then 5p for the rest of the day.Texts are 10p all day.O2 are fine its just CPW that are carp.
Oh has Tesco mobile which if you set up your 5 favourite numbers it is 10p a minute all the time and 5p texts to those numbers.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 09:54:28 PM »

>> You have to buy £10 air time credit when you buy the phone.It should be credited within 2 working days of you receiving the phone.Mine hasn't been.

Thats good isnt it - buy something but you cant use it for up to 10 working days.

I hope you get it sorted soon UB
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 06:48:47 AM »

Last night at 10.40 there was £10 credit added to my phone.    :thumbs:

Last night at 10.50 there was another £10 credit added to my phone.   :thumbs:   :thumbs:

Shall I call CPW (sit in a queue for 20 minutes listening to Thunderclap Newmans,'Somethings in the air') to tell them they have made a mistake,or shall I not bother.  :hmm:
I think you know the answer to that one.  :D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 11:58:54 AM »

:no:

:lol:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 12:11:37 PM »

Glad it got sorted for you UB... twice ;D

Thats good isnt it - buy something but you cant use it for up to 10 working days.

Sounds very much like ordering broadband!!
Chris

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 04:46:11 PM »

ha true!

But at least with adsl its because an engineer has to go to the exchange and hook up your line.

When you buy a mobile phone with a sim card included you just expect it to work straight away..  which most times it does.
-----

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2008, 06:25:11 PM »

This is TT we are talking about,mine never worked properly and the support was like    :wall:
Very pleased with my new phone BTW. :)

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 12:37:20 AM »

But at least with adsl its because an engineer has to go to the exchange and hook up your line.

I know :P

When you buy a mobile phone with a sim card included you just expect it to work straight away..  which most times it does.

You would expect it to do so - you could even put up with an hour or two for the phone to be registered after first switching it on, but 10 days is taking the mick, and even 2 days is a bit much. Maybe I'm just impatient?!
Chris

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 05:50:40 AM »

I don't know why you have to wait 2 working days for the credit to be added,never thought to ask.I suppose its like a lot of things here,get your money off you then sod you. :no: