Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Interleaving automatically set ?  (Read 1750 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Re: Interleaving automatically set ?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2022, 12:40:26 AM »

Could you educate me a little here j0hn ? Seeing as I’ve never even seen VDSL2. ( :-[  )

I notice something a bit dodgy-looking about those stats: how can there possibly be zeros in the rows for the K and R framing parameters? Concerning R, can we really have no RS error correction? Mind you, according to the table I looked at in G.992.3 it is legal to have zero bytes. (And yes, I know, that’s ADSL2, but I’m assuming it’s the same). Am I missing something here, being stupid? Perhaps you could get by fine with just G.INP, don’t see why not if the circumstances were right. It just seems a bit odd though.

Also if K=0 then B= -1 surely, which is nonsensical? Do I remember correctly? So is this a sign of ui bugs?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 01:01:07 AM by Weaver »

timdf911

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2022, 08:34:18 AM »

Hi j0hn,

you might be onto something with the Ginp and maybe the interleaving was a red herring due to the Vox  ui being suspect.
Certainly the ui on the Vox is buggy so I wouldn't be surprised if there was erroneous info being presented.

g3uiss - thanks for the offer of the modem - definitely give that one a try to see how it compares, much appreciated.

Regards Tim

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2022, 10:27:41 AM »

That explains why I thought the D=8 didn’t match the Delay = 0. Thanks @J0hn

The modem is the series that @weaver suggested it’s already set up as a “modem”

Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2022, 01:58:36 PM »

Held back what I was going to type as everyone has gave you good info, but whatever the reason for the issues I would keep using the VOX as the modem, and just bridge it to the draytek, best of both worlds.

timdf911

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2022, 03:58:10 PM »

Thanks for all the advice and help especially g3uiss who kindly lent me his Xyzel VMG8924-B10A modem.

The bottom line is the Draytek 2860n does not perform as well as the Vox3.0 or the Xyzel modem - in the past I was much closer to the cabinet but now being in the 'fringe' area the Draytek just doesn't make the grade.

I had expected the Draytek to be at least as good as the ISP provided Vox3.0 but this is clearly not the case.

I'll see how things go this coming week stability wise but based on the previous 24 hours which have been rock solid I don't anticipate any problems (fingers crossed).

Regards Tim
Pages: 1 [2]