Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: New BTw Checker Site  (Read 4951 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
New BTw Checker Site
« on: April 19, 2020, 12:46:56 PM »

I think new site https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL look awful and horrible to input captcha and also this site: https://www.followthatpage.com/login are no longer work with this dsl checker

And new BTw speedtester as well: https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 01:01:44 PM by adslmax »

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: New BTw Checker Site
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 01:04:15 PM »

My range A and B VDSL are almost the same, and ADSL is showing a third of what I used to get.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2020, 01:13:17 PM »

Has BTw removed ip profile as there is nothing there to enter telephone number after speedtest check when click Additional Diagnostic and click I am a ADSL and Fibre to the cabinet as it only ask for post code and building number

Updated: found it because u have to click I have a Fibre to the Premises Broadband to enter telephone number as there seem new layout of ip profile there but upload are incorrect thought.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 01:27:11 PM by adslmax »

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 01:25:26 PM »

On the FTTP line I no longer see anything about FTTPoD but under availability I now have "planned" which didn't show on the old checker.
I'm already aware FTTP was coming but good to see it on the checker.

Further down it states

FTTP is in planned status. You may place an order which will be processed when the network is ready.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 01:29:34 PM by j0hn »
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2020, 01:44:14 PM »

The VDSL ranges keep creeping down, I dont know if this means they just not fixing speed faults, or they been very passive.

Now my clean estimate is just 1mbit higher than the impacted estimate. Over 20mbit below my sync speed.

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2020, 01:50:53 PM »

I think denying people like the OP the ability to constantly, pointlessly query the Wholesale checker for changes alongside freeing up resources for legitimate, interactive queries is hugely beneficial to everyone.

The new layout is excellent in my opinion. Scales properly according to screen resolution and is clearer. The output easier to parse via tools, too.

Gold star to BT Wholesale for this. :thumbs:

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2020, 02:10:33 PM »

I am surprised it is public given BT wholesale is supposed to be transparent to consumers.

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2020, 02:51:54 PM »

Why, when I try to close the availability checker, do I get

This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved

What is there to save?
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2020, 02:58:41 PM »

Speed test: From the results I get I'd suggest that they are using a single threaded test which may not show the full capability of the line. With this significant revamp I'd have thought they'd do something about that.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2020, 04:10:02 PM »

Using the new BTw performance tester my indicated speeds are more or less comparable to the old performance tester as would be expected, new GUI pretty !

However, when proceeding to the further testing option this just displays a summary of the US/DS speeds and latency already displayed previously, BRAS IP profile is not displayed as per old tester.

Also note that the "mouselike.org" method of obtaining my BRAS IP profile no longer works, displays to the effect "BT failed to respond with valid data".

So, how can I now (easily) obtain my BRAS IP profile other than trying to extract from my ISP ?

Noted that the old BTw performance tester still works but won't proceed to "further testing" where it used to display the BRAS IP profile. 
Vodafone FTTP 200/28, VF THG3000 Hub

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2020, 08:03:03 PM »

This is the notification message displayed on the new BTw performance tester associated with further diagnostics testing:

If you're a British Telecom Broadband customer and not getting the expected speed test result, run an ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTIC by entering the details below. Here your current internet speed will be compared with speed defined for your connection

Does this infer that only BT BB customers can use this facility ?
Would hope this is not the case as BT are users of the BTw systems as per any other ISP.

This appears in the Guidance section of the BTw checker:

Further Diagnostic Results screen (Please note; you may not see all of the results listed below on your test results. The actual parameters shown depend on the broadband service provided).

So still wondering why as a non-BT BB customer I can't access the further diagnostics when I could before with the old tester ? 

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2020, 08:44:07 PM »

For fetching bras ip profile rate - Click go for speedtest then click Additional Diagnostic then click 'I have a Fibre to the Premises Broadband' to enter your telephone number and wait for the page reload itself for your bras ip profile on your line.

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2020, 09:00:17 PM »

Yes, you are correct, this works, I don't have FTTP I don't think you have either ?

Obvious I was trying the option applicable to my installation "I am an ADSL and Fibre to the cabinet Broadband Customer" although that narative in itself is very confusing, would think it should read "...ADSL or Fibre to the Cabinet...", strange.

Anyway, glad to have access to my BRAS IP profile again, thanks for the tip.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2020, 09:07:30 PM »

They could bring in new BTw Checker & Speedtest App for Apple and Android. But, they never do!

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2020, 09:28:45 PM »

Okay I'll bite: why would BT Wholesale produce an app like that given who their customers are? What is the use case and what are the benefits?

The speed tester would be rendered pointless by being run wirelessly, the checker is fine as a web page and would be used once in a blue moon by pretty much everyone.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4