Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ZyXEL VMG1312-B10D Chess Telecom admin password  (Read 5484 times)

whatkatedoes

Re: ZyXEL VMG1312-B10D Chess Telecom admin password
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2020, 04:35:21 PM »

Yeah it resolutely will not go into any kind of firmware loading state - all the combinations of holding the reset button just have it boot as normal, damn thing.

If you don't wish to get too involved and perhaps don't have serial connecting hardware capabilities than return/refund is probably your best option.

My e-bay seller at the time was very understanding, gave me a full refund and told me to keep the unit.
As I like a challange, I achieved a satisfactory outcome in the end learning a lot along the way.
Re-contacted the seller who would only agree to accept 50% of the original asking price, made me feel better anyway and thought it was a fair compromise considering the amount of time & effort involved on my part.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2020, 05:38:00 PM »

So if you don’t know the supervisor password, and don’t want to get into serial cable antics then you’re stuffed?

whatkatedoes

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2020, 06:24:36 PM »

Basically.  C'est la vie.  £18 - if I can my money back, so much the better.

I'll dig out my 8800NL and try to get to the bottom of it's lock-up issues.

Thanks for trying, everyone :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 07:45:11 PM by whatkatedoes »

scallytoes

• Just arrived
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2021, 02:52:26 PM »

For anyone finding this thread thought i'd add the solution i found. Reset the router by using the reset buttom method first. I then used the telnet command in windows, had to enable it in control panel first though. Start - Run - telnet 192.168.1.1 Then used a telnet command to find the username and password of the hardware. In this case it was Username:User , Password:User which then points to a password change utility, change the password and hello hardware menu.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything