Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: VMG1312-B10A Titanfall 2 "Out of sync with server"  (Read 3049 times)

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: VMG1312-B10A Titanfall 2 "Out of sync with server"
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2020, 11:40:35 AM »

Spring, the ECI was his previous modem, not router.

Does switching back to the ECI modem fix the problem?

This might be some help https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/7152/out-of-sync-with-server-issue see the last post
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 11:42:41 AM by Ronski »
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

spring

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2020, 11:45:10 AM »

i know it was his modem..

so ddos protection related? mikrotik has those.

edit: those types of protections.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 11:53:51 AM by spring »
No one knows what is the taste of the void.

sebus05

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2020, 02:45:22 PM »

That link was in my original post!

spring

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2020, 03:06:16 PM »

you know what the word sync means it's.. something after connection already established, right?

gotta change something in that mikrotik bro.. ill tell you why.

if games like Rakion (steam) work, which you can try. then it's probably some sort of protection. can also be NAT though. like i said, there are many types of NAT technologies implemented in older and newer routers. but usually if the connection was already established then it's not NAT. NAT is only some kind of fallback to when the ports aren't fully open and there's no UPnP or firewall-rule. like in Restricted-Cone NAT or some kind of NAT reaction to an "unopen port which needs to be opened". i assume the ports are open? [or fully open?]
restricted cone NAT means the port is only opened to the required external IP address, and closed to any other external IP's that try to send data to that port outside the context. but restrcited-cone NAT is buggy. the better tech is inbound-outbound firewall. NAT is not a firewall. it just behaves like one.

sync, not connection. or im getting it wrong?

i think at this point saying more is futile. settings need to be experimented with. if you want you can put ECI as modem again to verify. or just look at mikrotik settings. maybe a command needs to be sent which isn't in its UI. idk.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 03:14:51 PM by spring »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2020, 03:54:25 PM »

you know what the word sync means it's.. something after connection already established, right?

No. Sync (short for synchronise/synchronisation) is what happens when the user's modem establishes the connection with the DSLAM or other remote device. After that, the internet connection is completed by signing in to the ISP.
  Eric

spring

• Reg Member
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2020, 04:20:46 PM »

it can mean both.. but thanks for the alternative

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2020, 06:34:25 PM »

analyzing at this point leads to no results because, well, if you try setting up the ECI instead of the mikrotik and it works - guess what, it's the mikrotik.

You seem to be misunderstanding, the Mikrotik is the router, the ECI and Zyxel are used in bridge mode (as modems only).

So basically the LAN should never SEE them, they are completely invisible and both should behave exactly the same as they merely convert between VDSL and Ethernet, the actual connection to the ISP is over PPPoE so there should be no functional difference so far as the Mikrotik is concerned.  All it sees is the end of the PPPoE connection, it isn't really aware the ECI or Zyxel exist.

No firewall, NAT, or other settings on the Zyxel should make a blind bit of difference, as its blindly passing traffic over the bridge between VDSL and the Ethernet port that is part of that bridge.  It has no control over what happens to the traffic, it simply doesn't know or care what is going on.

That's why my suspicion was that its actually something on the LAN itself that is behaving different, which could happen if the Zyxel is connected to the LAN side too (for stats) where it IS able to broadcast services that it might not be providing, due to being in bridge mode, which can conflict with what the Mikrotik itself is advertising on the LAN.

A simple test would be to ensure the Zyxel is NOT connected to the LAN in any way, only the VDSL is bridged.

This is also why I do not like the idea of having a single-cable solution with Zyxel, as you're introducing LAN traffic onto the bridged interface, somewhere it shouldn't be as not only is it going to the router on the WAN port, it may also be sending LAN traffic out the VDSL side where there is no telling how far that might propagate down the Openreach network - depending on if they have it configured to drop all traffic that isn't PPPoE related.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 06:57:35 PM by Alex Atkin UK »
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

spring

• Reg Member
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2020, 07:06:59 PM »

i'm not misunderstanding. and yes i hesitated on two cable one cable and the whole VLAN thing. i think i didn't mention it because i thought that one cable has no effect since it connects to the WAN side and not LAN side on the mikrotik.

i'll let others solve this thread. seems it's going nowhere for me.

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2020, 10:19:45 PM »

Sebus

Set up modem and router, as basically as possible, don't bother with trying to collect stats (over LAN cable or setting up a VLan route) then test.......

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2020, 01:26:43 AM »

i'm not misunderstanding. and yes i hesitated on two cable one cable and the whole VLAN thing. i think i didn't mention it because i thought that one cable has no effect since it connects to the WAN side and not LAN side on the mikrotik.

i'll let others solve this thread. seems it's going nowhere for me.

If you can access it from the LAN side then at least to some extent you've merged the WAN and LAN into the same physical network.

It possibly wont pass over broadcast traffic if you're effectively using NAT on your router to achieve the access the Zyxel UI (so its acting as if you have two WANs, one is the real one, one is the LAN of the Zyxel) but what bothers me is not knowing exactly how the Zyxel is configuraing this internally, so you can't be sure what traffic is going where.

This is what I like about the Home Hub 5 with OpenWRT, you know its properly isolating as it clearly shows how the VLANs are being handled internally.

Sebus

Set up modem and router, as basically as possible, don't bother with trying to collect stats (over LAN cable or setting up a VLan route) then test.......

I agree, to make absolutely sure its functionally identical to how the ECI is bridging.  That way if the problem still happens, it must be something else.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors
Pages: 1 [2]

anything