Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Rat (again)  (Read 604 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Rat (again)
« on: March 31, 2020, 12:40:25 PM »

Thomas brought a half-grown rat into the kitchen ate it whole in the porch, leaving no trace, and then ran at full tilt out again towards the garage. Presumably to get another one, because that’s where the nest is. The garage door is slightly ajar so he can get in at all times.

He’s in the bedroom at the moment. Janet threw a crumb of cheese to him and Betty the hen stole it out from under his nose.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Rat (again)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 04:34:35 PM »

Hopefully he will not have a sudden need to vomit . . . Pre-chewed and partially digested rat in the bedroom?  :-X  :yuck:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 06:56:57 PM »

Good point. He’s spending quite a bit of time doing his duty in the garage on guard. In the middle of the night he goes out hunting in the rain and comes in soaked and frozen and then sits on Janet or in me to warm up, freezing us in the process. His thick double coat means he doesn’t seem to mind the cold and wet too much but presumably his huge paws get cold, I would think. The two boys Somhairle and Pangur Bán are happy to remain curled up on my lap while I’m in bed in the night even if Thomas has arrived on the bed too. They are slowly getting more tolerant of each other. Pangur Bán sometimes lets out a funny little warbling sound which means that he’s feeling anxious about Tom’s presence but even he is getting better.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 07:50:27 PM »

I'm pleased to read that feline harmony is now (almost) constant in the "Weaving Shed".

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 11:28:14 PM »

Thomas now has an anti-flea collar on because he’s incredibly allergic to ticks; he gets huge lumps and scabs round his neck and scratches with his back feet. The collars work extremely well, but when Janet put one on him, he wouldn’t speak to her for a day, but today he has forgiven her; is sting on her lap and came to sit by her head in bed just now. Somhairle came up to him, growling, and clawed Thomas’s backside, shooing him off so he ran out of the bedroom. Bravery to the extent of foolishness said Janet. Thomas quickly came back, he wouldn’t miss out on his fuss. I have a glass of water by my bed. Thomas always comes over to check it, wanting to drink my water, even though there is a water bowl for cats and dog in the bathroom next door, but my water glass is somehow magical, special. I don’t really want to drink the water after Thomas has been in it. Am I just being daft?

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 11:45:04 PM »

I have a glass of water by my bed. Thomas always comes over to check it, wanting to drink my water, even though there is a water bowl for cats and dog in the bathroom next door, but my water glass is somehow magical, special. I don’t really want to drink the water after Thomas has been in it. Am I just being daft?

It depends.  :)  I have knowingly consumed food or water that a cat or dog has previously inserted a tongue.  ::)

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 11:50:25 PM »

It depends.  :)  I have knowingly consumed food or water that a cat or dog has previously inserted a tongue.  ::)

The e-coli from licking their arse add flavour?  :lol:
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 12:25:19 AM »

Remember that the sense of smell is actually a very dilute sense of taste. Now think about what you have smelt in your lifetime, to date.  :D

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 12:39:20 AM »

I have almost no sense of smell, most of the time. Don’t know why. Food tastes weird and horrible because if some if my drugs, I suspect, eggs for example taste like fish and fairy liquid. Sweet things are ok as long as it’s not sweetness due to artificial chemicals.

My sense of taste is disconnected from my sense of smell then. My nose is very blocked up most of the time, for some reason. I have a nose inhaler tube thing from the chemist’s, which works well. ‘Olbas’, is it?