Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Zen - Is anyone else not able to place an order?  (Read 3099 times)

Jon21

• Reg Member
Zen - Is anyone else not able to place an order?
« on: March 27, 2020, 03:17:18 PM »

I've been thinking of moving to Zen from Sky for the last couple of weeks. The problem is, whenever I try to place an order, I can not progress past the "Order setup" page. I check the address details and direct debit details are correct, hit continue and then the page refreshes and takes me right back to the top of the page. I've tried 3 different browsers on this PC, an iPhone and trying to place the order over 4G. All have the same issue. I could call but I really don't fancy waiting in a queue for something that should be easily achieved by doing it online.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: Zen - Is anyone else not able to place an order?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 03:22:17 PM »

Maybe they have suspended all orders to avoid running into cancellations due to Openreach no longer doing anything that needs an engineer in the home?

It would seem a bit extreme to block migrations too, but then its hardly a priority compared to repairs.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 07:47:56 PM »

That problem would only apply to FTTP though, no? For example FTTC requires no home visit by Openreach.

A thought:
Maybe it’s something wrong with the website or a browser problem eg ad blocker or strict cookie settings. I’ve had lots of problems with AA’s website in the past because of those reasons and because they weren’t iPad friendly in various ways. Main AA website completely replaced now.

It would be worth checking on another machine or with another browser in case it is Zen’s website or your browser not being nice.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 11:34:52 PM »

I agree it wouldn't make much sense, but who knows ISP logic.  ::)
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Jon21

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 02:54:05 PM »

It's not likely to be something as daft as the phone number being tied to Sky is it? Reason I ask, I just checked availability with Uno and the checker says, " You have an incompatible phone line such as from Sky, Talk Talk or Virgin"

sof006

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 02:26:25 PM »

I've been thinking of moving to Zen from Sky for the last couple of weeks. The problem is, whenever I try to place an order, I can not progress past the "Order setup" page. I check the address details and direct debit details are correct, hit continue and then the page refreshes and takes me right back to the top of the page. I've tried 3 different browsers on this PC, an iPhone and trying to place the order over 4G. All have the same issue. I could call but I really don't fancy waiting in a queue for something that should be easily achieved by doing it online.

I've just signed up with them today, I didn't use the website I called them. Got through in about 2 minutes (despite COVID-19) and now im on my way to moving from TalkTalk to Zen

Jon21

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 03:12:18 PM »

I've just signed up with them today, I didn't use the website I called them. Got through in about 2 minutes (despite COVID-19) and now im on my way to moving from TalkTalk to Zen
I did it via email in the end. Still not sure what the issue was but should be switching to Zen on Monday.

sof006

• Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2020, 04:34:02 PM »

I did it via email in the end. Still not sure what the issue was but should be switching to Zen on Monday.

Let me know how it goes, mine will take 10 working days. According to the rep I spoke with on the phone.. Does that sound right to you? 10 working days?

Jon21

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2020, 04:48:54 PM »

Let me know how it goes, mine will take 10 working days. According to the rep I spoke with on the phone.. Does that sound right to you? 10 working days?
Yeah, I believe it's a minimum of 10 working days for migrations between providers. You should get an activation date soon.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2020, 11:38:30 PM »

Minimum 10 working days is an OFCOM requirement.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2020, 04:18:32 AM »

That's in order to have a cool-off period isn't it?  In case you change your mind or its somehow been done without your permission.

sof006

• Reg Member
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2020, 11:55:37 AM »

That's in order to have a cool-off period isn't it?  In case you change your mind or its somehow been done without your permission.

You get 14 days to change your mind. As above 10 days is purely from OFCOM as a rule so people aren't without internet for whatever reason.

Jon21

• Reg Member
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2020, 03:25:51 PM »

Migrated to Zen yesterday, all went well. Had to contact CS to get a direct debit setup, as the payment wizard wasn't recognising either the sort code or account number. But that was painless and was sorted within a few minutes. Sent an email to have IPv6 enabled and that was done within 30 minutes. Quite impressed so far.

Just a quick question. In the customer portal, the line technology says GEA FTTC. Is that Zen's own backhaul?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 03:30:06 PM by Jon21 »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2020, 06:14:16 PM »

I couldnt order from zen when I was with sky, which was a factor in me going to aaisp.

sof006

• Reg Member
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2020, 01:48:21 AM »

Migrated to Zen yesterday, all went well. Had to contact CS to get a direct debit setup, as the payment wizard wasn't recognising either the sort code or account number. But that was painless and was sorted within a few minutes. Sent an email to have IPv6 enabled and that was done within 30 minutes. Quite impressed so far.

Just a quick question. In the customer portal, the line technology says GEA FTTC. Is that Zen's own backhaul?

Yes it is, I am on WBMC. So far I am pleased with Zen, the website is pretty good. Love how it shows all the little details that no other ISP I know of would ever do.

anything