Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Aquiss FTTP offer to keep the UK connected during Coronavirus  (Read 1372 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk

From my mail-box;

Aquiss have announced that they have introduced a new offer for their home FTTP packages, which start from as a little as £5 per month. Based upon the Openreach network, Aquiss have some competitive and compelling FTTP packages, that are heavily discounted for the first 4 months of the service, include free activation and require no phone service to be taken. All packages come with unlimited download allowances, Static IPv4 and IPv6 Addresses as standard.

The offer is directly aimed at those customers who already have an FTTP ONT installed in their property, can be up and running with Aquiss in as little as 24 hours or transfer an active FTTP service from another provider within 10 working days.

Leila Magrabi, Social Media Manager for Aquiss said "We understand that at this critical time with self-isolation, following the global outbreak of Covid-19, for many families and small businesses reducing their monthly costs will be important process over the coming few months, whilst at the same time, the Government is encouraging where possible to use online services. As providers, we can step up this challenge. Aquiss, as an independent, vibrant, family owned Internet Service Provider, supporting both families and businesses is at the heart of what we do.".

The Aquiss offer is as follows:

Free Activation
No Monthly Line Rental Required

40/2  £30.00 per month  (£5.00 per month for the first 4 months)
40/10  £32.00 per month  (£7.00 per month for the first 4 months)
80/20  £34.00 per month  (£9.00 per month for the first 4 months)
160/30  £56.00 per month  (£31.00 per month for the first 4 months)

Further details can be found
https://www.aquiss.net/unlimited-fttp-fibre-broadband/
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Alex Atkin UK

• Kitizen
    • My Broadband History
Re: Aquiss FTTP offer to keep the UK connected during Coronavirus
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 01:06:17 AM »

Well obviously, because good luck getting Openreach to come into your premises to hook up a new FTTP connection.   ::)
Exchange: INTAKE (ECI DSLAM) Router: pfSense (i5-7200U) ISP/Modems: Zen (Home Hub 5A running OpenWrt) + Plusnet (VMG-3925-B10B) WiFi: Ubiquiti nanoHD

burakkucat

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 01:08:59 AM »

Well obviously, because good luck getting Openreach to come into your premises to hook up a new FTTP connection.   ::)

You have obviously missed the following --

The offer is directly aimed at those customers who already have an FTTP ONT installed in their property,  . . .
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 11:01:40 AM »

Some regrades on FTTP appear to be experiencing delays from what I've heard/read recently. Also DSL checker is unavailable when doing an address lookup. I dread to wonder if transfers are also affected by these issues. Sadly the speeds on offer aren't what I'm looking for however, so will stay with who I'm using. Much looking forward to the 1000/115 regrade :P.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 11:04:05 AM by Ixel »

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 11:18:14 AM »

I don’t know whether Aquiss staff involved in this work entirely from their own homes, but I would very much hope that it is the case?

Imho... It would be hard to justify any single member of their staff deviating from “stay at home” guidance just to provide consumers with faster FTTP.

anything