Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Plusnet Administration System  (Read 2453 times)

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: Plusnet Administration System
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2020, 12:40:15 AM »

What exactly is the point of Plusnet existing if it merged into BT?
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

rongtw

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2020, 10:54:11 AM »

I cannot believe in these days that a ISP cannot fix or replace a Billing system  ::)
December 2018 my last bill  :no: :no: and i know i am not the only one , despite PN constantly saying its only a small minority  :lol: my contract is up next month so i don't know what they will do ?

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2020, 12:31:36 PM »

@Alex Atkin UK:

Agreed, probably none, perhaps their customer base will eventually be completely absorbed by BT, who knows ?

@rongtw:
Yes, as someone who has had an issue with PN over a similar time scale it's really frustrating I know, however, provided your system remains fully operational and PN are still supplying technical support should that be required you are receiving free service through no fault of your own and PN can only ever charge you for 3 months arrears when your billing issue is eventually, if ever resolved, their loss, your gain !

I was in the "stuck billing" situation last year for 4 months which was triggered by an unsuccessful attempt by PN staff to correct my contract dates, billing was restored and I was billed for 3 months arrears only, contract dates unfortunately remain incorrect to present.

It is really inconceivable how a major ISP the size of PN with their BT parentage have permitted this situation to go on for so long without resolution, must surely have resulted in significant loss of revenue, many existing customers and potential new customers. 
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2020, 12:43:12 PM »

plenty companies have multiple brands for different markets.
plusnet is the "Budget" product for BT.

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2020, 01:00:47 PM »

They have a brand that can compete with TalkTalk and Sky on price whilst still charging over the top for the "premium" BT brand to the customers that never switch ISP.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2020, 03:57:33 PM »

Plusnet isn’t much cheaper than BT though, not when BT are always doing deals and giving cashback etc. 
Pages: 1 [2]