Re: G.Fast
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2020, 04:54:13 PM »

Well, the things they get up to on the mainland :o

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2020, 05:38:03 PM »

Hi

I was rated in top 1% of players (clean) on NFS Shift (lower the top 800 clean players out of over 500,000)

I was rated lower then top 30 for Nurburgring. Best time 5.24 minutes for 12.8 miles and you certainly feel your heartbeat at that level of play

We play with all assists turned off, manual gears with clutch and full damage/wear and must be clean and fair.

Race drivers often use race sims to learn a new track before even setting foot on the real track and there have been many tv programs showing this

One of my bucket list would be to drive Nurburgring in real life

Game latency - system services for games try to balance latency but could be tricked/cheated

Many thanks

John

spaace

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2020, 11:30:27 AM »

Is there such a thing as a truly professional gamer, or is it just puffery? How would one make money out of playing games "for a living"?

It sounds utterly ridiculous to me but I don’t know; it’s probably worth checking every 40 years or so.

i used to be a "pro" gamer back in the early 00's back then it meant nothing more than we got free hardware (sponsored by intel/ATI/razer) and travel/accommodation paid for tournaments around the world.

I can assure you things have moved on since then.... top gaming teams now pay salaries north of $25k PER MONTH to EACH player and they keep large portions of prize money, (100,000's per year)
not to mention the players can then stream on twitch or vlog you youtube in their own time and potentially make more than their salaries per month

mrk26

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2020, 11:47:25 AM »

If someone is not aware of current pro gaming I suggest to look for best example these days "Fortnite", regular cash up tournaments, plus big tournament in New York, as best example one kid won tournament - 3 milions dollars, every person who qualify for this tournament (100 players) get 25k dollars below 6th place (up to 6th place top prises, lowest 250k dollars). All this apart of streaming on youtube or twitch.
Pages: 1 [2]