Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: highest priority  (Read 3879 times)

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: highest priority
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2020, 07:41:56 PM »

I'm guessing here but I'd think with, as it sounds like its just standard streaming rather than multicast, as the latter usually only works with the ISPs provided router and a specific LAN port.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

neil

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2020, 07:45:08 PM »

I'm guessing here but I'd think with, as it sounds like its just standard streaming rather than multicast, as the latter usually only works with the ISPs provided router and a specific LAN port.
ok thanks. What i need to add so i can check modem stats too from wan. right now i am dialing pppoe from router with openwrt and i cant access my modem from it.
VDSL FTTC 35/18

neil

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2020, 05:16:36 PM »

can someone please tell me how to config my IPTV on my modem running openwrt? Someone please help me do it. I am here noob.
Please help implement these commands mentioned in this URL. I dont know how to do using ssh or whatever software i need to use for it.
https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wan/udp_multicast
VDSL FTTC 35/18

mrk26

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2020, 06:02:04 PM »

You need to enable ssh in your router, download and install putty. From putty you choose ssh, put in ip address for your router, type your login and password when ask, and once logged you should be able to type commands .
Is worth to read a little bit about before you start play with it especially on openwrt forum. I don't use router with openwrt so can't guide more precise, sorry.

neil

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2020, 06:03:59 PM »

You need to enable ssh in your router, download and install putty. From putty you choose ssh, put in ip address for your router, type your login and password when ask, and once logged you should be able to type commands .
Is worth to read a little bit about before you start play with it especially on openwrt forum. I don't use router with openwrt so can't guide more precise, sorry.
thanks i wan able to login into my router using windows 10 built in ssh tool but i dont know how to use commands mentioned in the openwrt url.  :( :(
VDSL FTTC 35/18

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2020, 10:53:00 PM »

Please help implement these commands mentioned in this URL. I dont know how to do using ssh or whatever software i need to use for it.
https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wan/udp_multicast

I've had a look at that page and I feel rather confused as to what needs to be done.  ???

It appears that installation of the "igmpproxy" package is required. On that user guide page, it states --

First you need to install the package

opkg install igmpproxy

I presume that the "opkg" command is part of the default OpenWrt installation and it takes the "install" argument plus the name of a package to install. It is not clear, to me, from where one is supposed to obtain the "igmpproxy" package. Perhaps it is already there, within a default OpenWrt installation, and just needs to be installed.

If that is the case, then you would need to login to the CLI of the TP-Link device, using the administration credentials, via ssh. Then, at the command line prompt, just type --

opkg install igmpproxy

If no error messages are displayed, then that would be the first step completed.

Perhaps other members, those who are familiar with using OpenWrt, will be able to assist, please?
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

neil

• Reg Member
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2020, 12:01:19 PM »

I've had a look at that page and I feel rather confused as to what needs to be done.  ???

It appears that installation of the "igmpproxy" package is required. On that user guide page, it states --

I presume that the "opkg" command is part of the default OpenWrt installation and it takes the "install" argument plus the name of a package to install. It is not clear, to me, from where one is supposed to obtain the "igmpproxy" package. Perhaps it is already there, within a default OpenWrt installation, and just needs to be installed.

If that is the case, then you would need to login to the CLI of the TP-Link device, using the administration credentials, via ssh. Then, at the command line prompt, just type --

opkg install igmpproxy

If no error messages are displayed, then that would be the first step completed.

Perhaps other members, those who are familiar with using OpenWrt, will be able to assist, please?

yes i installed it but i dont know to edit these settings via commandline ssh.
 i can see igmpproxy is installed but i dont know how to edit it. so far after reading from internet it is linux based need to use some linux commands for it
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 12:21:58 PM by neil »
VDSL FTTC 35/18

mrk26

• Reg Member
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2020, 12:51:22 PM »

I think you got list of commands in link in your post above, not sure if all info there is correct (like ip address), but I believe these are commands you need. Try to find thread on openwrt forum regarding this setup, especially for UK users.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2020, 01:26:18 PM »

Problem is we don't know the original configuration or even what IPTV service this is.

I was under the impression that IPTV is usually carried over a different VLAN at the modem?
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

neil

• Reg Member
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2020, 01:27:57 PM »

I think you got list of commands in link in your post above, not sure if all info there is correct (like ip address), but I believe these are commands you need. Try to find thread on openwrt forum regarding this setup, especially for UK users.
i tired copy pasting commands but it didn't work
VDSL FTTC 35/18

neil

• Reg Member
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2020, 01:28:32 PM »

Problem is we don't know the original configuration or even what IPTV service this is.

I was under the impression that IPTV is usually carried over a different VLAN at the modem?
yes it is carried by different vlan with different vlan id
VDSL FTTC 35/18

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2020, 01:56:46 PM »

I see this https://openwrt.ebilan.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=132&p=1009&hilit=multicast#p1009 but you're right, its kinda complicated setting it up especially if you aren't used to command line text editors like vi.

Might be worth installing nano as its an easier text editor to use.

opkg update; opkg install nano

neil

• Reg Member
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2020, 01:18:24 AM »

https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/archer-c7-1750

Great firmware available.

I'm not sure your reasons for prioritising your PC above all others, but properly configured SQM will have everyone on the network happy, with no lag spikes because a fellow user starts watching netflix.
i installed SQM and but sometimes i feel game is laggy and stuttering.
VDSL FTTC 35/18

neil

• Reg Member
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2020, 12:08:08 PM »

yeah that's why i haven't configured it so far
Thank you so much Sir! I have been using open wrt with SQM and never been so happy about pings. now everyone can watch youtube netflix without effecting my pings in games. Thank you again for letting me know about it  :angel:
 :clap:
VDSL FTTC 35/18

neil

• Reg Member
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2020, 11:18:40 AM »

https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/archer-c7-1750

Great firmware available.

I'm not sure your reasons for prioritising your PC above all others, but properly configured SQM will have everyone on the network happy, with no lag spikes because a fellow user starts watching netflix.
Thank you so much Sir! I have been using open wrt with SQM and never been so happy about pings. now everyone can watch youtube netflix without effecting my pings in games. Thank you again for letting me know about it  :angel:

VDSL FTTC 35/18
Pages: 1 [2]

anything