Broadband Related > ISPs

Does anyone have the 1Gig service from VM?

<< < (2/7) > >>

niemand:

--- Quote from: chenks on March 21, 2020, 04:40:15 PM ---well it's only tiny because the areas covered were relatively tiny.

--- End quote ---

Uptake is the people taking the product versus those it's available to. Obviously in areas where it's not available the uptake is zero.

Uptake of 500 is also minimal. Uptake of 350 isn't very high either: single digits %.

j0hn:

--- Quote from: Bowdon on March 21, 2020, 05:48:08 PM ---I'll have to keep my eyes on the virgin forum. I noticed last week someone mentioned my area was on a list to be upgraded to 1Gig. So I thought I'd see what the experience is like.

--- End quote ---
There is no list of areas being done. They have been announcing area by area when doing the upgrades.

Manchester has already been done.

sof006:
I have a friend who works for Virgin as a field engineer and he says the roll out of 1gig is going smooth and they're on target (whatever that target is). My plan is when I eventually move place and the place I move into has Virgin (which it does) when my contract is up with Zen i'll move to Virgin and by that time I suspect my area will have 1gig.

Jon21:
Thread bump.

Do more people have Gig1 now/have experience with it, now that its available nationwide(?), to those who can get Virgin?

Does DOCSIS 3.1 have better latency than DOCSIS 3?

See that there is a deal on Gig1 (+Phone+O2 Sim) for £55/month.

Reformed:

--- Quote from: Jon21 on March 20, 2022, 07:35:16 PM ---Does DOCSIS 3.1 have better latency than DOCSIS 3?
--- End quote ---

It does not. VM are still using 3.0 upstream so no real difference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version