Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Venice March 2020  (Read 479 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Venice March 2020
« on: March 19, 2020, 02:22:58 AM »

Italy has been on lockdown since 9th of March and there's some pretty amazing photos coming out of Venice.

One week later (16th March)
"The water's flowing through the canals of Venice is clear for the first time in forever. The fish are visible, the swans returned."
https://twitter.com/ikaveri/status/1239660248207589383

17th March
Dolphins return to Italy and clear Venice canals as humans self-isolate

There's plenty more if you're interested and care to search :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Venice March 2020
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 08:52:12 AM »

Venice is a place I’ve always wanted to visit but in recent decades at least, always been put off by the huge crowds of people like me.

Fascinating stories, and amazing how quickly the water quality has improved.   I vaguely remember a TV documentary in recent years, simulating how quickly nature would reclaim the cities if humans went away.   

That documentary wasn’t all fish, swans and dolphins mind you.  The vegetation also began to spread unabated, covering and penetrating the streets and buildings, which quite soon started to collapse into ruin... :o

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: Venice March 2020
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 10:59:57 AM »

Its rather sad though, as it will all be reversed once people come out of isolation and it becomes business as usual.  :'(
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors