Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44

Author Topic: The Coronavirus (COVID-19)  (Read 35354 times)

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: The Coronavirus (COVID-19)
« Reply #345 on: April 12, 2020, 12:52:15 PM »

I got a text from the gov saying I am been passed onto the supermarkets even without been on the list.

My GP intervened last week.

Lucky, our GP said to my mum she isn't on the list, that was it.

The supermarkets are taking "the list" as gospel, which is too bad for the 95% of us that are merely just "vulnerable" so self isolating, but not serious enough to be on the list.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #346 on: April 12, 2020, 03:53:11 PM »

The supermarkets are taking "the list" as gospel, which is too bad for the 95% of us that are merely just "vulnerable" so self isolating, but not serious enough to be on the list.

Worst of all must be those who are not on the vulnerable list, yet are currently ill with symptoms of Covid-19.   Do they get any help at all, obtaining delivery slots?   

If not, supermarkets may be creating a dangerous temptation for these people to break the rules and go shopping in person, which is probably the last thing anybody wants...

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #347 on: April 12, 2020, 03:57:34 PM »

Worst of all must be those who are not on the vulnerable list, yet are currently ill with symptoms of Covid-19.   Do they get any help at all, obtaining delivery slots?   

If not, supermarkets may be creating a dangerous temptation for these people to break the rules and go shopping in person, which is probably the last thing anybody wants...

That too.  Its utterly bizarre that they are focusing on helping just one tiny subset of people who, as my mum points out, surely ALREADY get some help as if you're in the middle of a serious illness you'd have died without it.

I get having priorities, but having it as just two is bizarre.  Its denying help to the majority who need it.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #348 on: April 12, 2020, 08:49:10 PM »

i agree on that

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #349 on: April 13, 2020, 12:53:27 PM »

What a complete moron.

https://twitter.com/gamray/status/1249639419369357312

I have complained to Ofcom. First time ever I've complained about content in a TV show but that was a bridge too far.

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #350 on: April 13, 2020, 02:00:57 PM »

What a complete moron.

https://twitter.com/gamray/status/1249639419369357312

I have complained to Ofcom. First time ever I've complained about content in a TV show but that was a bridge too far.

I searched for a longer clip just in case the tweet was being selective, and it’s even worse.  The lady who seems to be talking sense actually backs down a bit, agreeing that maybe there is a 5G conspiracy, we just shouldn’t vandalise the equipment.   I don’t often watch that programme, was she a journalist, too?   Why didn’t she just tell him he was too stupid to engage in further conversation and wait for the producer to intervene?

Example I watched, top hit I found on Google..

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11386816/eamonn-holmes-conspiracy-5g-coronavirus/

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #351 on: April 13, 2020, 02:13:32 PM »

There are times when I despair. He claimed it was his duty to question opinions, but all he was doing was giving oxygen to a totally mad conspiracy theory. Idiot.
  Eric

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #352 on: April 13, 2020, 07:07:12 PM »

i think the 5g stuff isnt true, but that wasnt his point, his point was the media shouldnt automatically accept what the state says and do its own research etc.

as an example im not happy the likes of youtube have turned into a censoring machine
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 07:09:18 PM by Chrysalis »

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #353 on: April 13, 2020, 07:54:22 PM »

i think the 5g stuff isnt true, but that wasnt his point, his point was the media shouldnt automatically accept what the state says and do its own research etc.

as an example im not happy the likes of youtube have turned into a censoring machine

Nonsense.   We are in the middle of the biggest crisis we have faced, outside of world war.  Madcap conspiracy theories may be a giggle at other times but right now, these ideas are just not funny and not appropriate, there are too many idiots who will believe in them.

And yes, in such a crisis, media should be trusting what the state says within reason, just as they would if we were actually at war.    If youtube is ‘censoring’ these clowns they have my full support, just as I’d support them in censoring holocaust deniers.

Apols for the rant.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 07:57:20 PM by sevenlayermuddle »

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #354 on: April 13, 2020, 08:51:41 PM »

+1
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #355 on: April 13, 2020, 08:54:31 PM »

Nonsense.   We are in the middle of the biggest crisis we have faced, outside of world war.  Madcap conspiracy theories may be a giggle at other times but right now, these ideas are just not funny and not appropriate, there are too many idiots who will believe in them.

And yes, in such a crisis, media should be trusting what the state says within reason, just as they would if we were actually at war.    If youtube is ‘censoring’ these clowns they have my full support, just as I’d support them in censoring holocaust deniers.

Apols for the rant.

youtube are censoring a lot now, pretty much everything thats considered conspiracy theory.

Also no the news media should not blindly believe government on everything.

I dont agree with the 5g covid 19 stuff thats my personal view, but I also dont believe in shutting off alternative views.

I dont think has claimed these views are funny either.  They not there for entertainment purposes.

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #356 on: April 13, 2020, 09:17:00 PM »

I suppose you are entitled to be stupid.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #357 on: April 13, 2020, 10:39:04 PM »

The amount of conspiracies I'm seeing right now is ridiculous and not just 5G. 
Bill gates did it so we'd all be vaccinated.   Its been done to target Trump.   Its a bioweapon.   The US did it.  France did it.    NY is burying empty coffins & no one really died. .. it goes on and on and on. 

I saw this clip earlier and I too was furious.  It sounds like he is backing the 5G claim despite the fact it is false.   
Then when he said Main Stream Media I cringed.  Errr isn't he part of the MSM.     :rant:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #358 on: April 14, 2020, 01:03:41 AM »

Apols for the rant.

I couldn't agree more.

How anyone can argue with their statement on this is beyond me.

Quote from: YouTube
"We have clear policies that prohibit videos promoting medically unsubstantiated methods to prevent the coronavirus in place of seeking medical treatment, and we quickly remove videos violating these policies when flagged to us," a spokeswoman for YouTube told the BBC.

"Now any content that disputes the existence or transmission of Covid-19, as described by the WHO [World Health Organization] and local health authorities is in violation of YouTube policies.

"This includes conspiracy theories which claim that the symptoms are caused by 5G."
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #359 on: April 14, 2020, 09:29:28 PM »

Thats blatant censoring, e.g. I think the WHO are wrong about if its airborne.

There is educated scientists arguing about that to this day, and evidence supporting it, but if I were to make a video stating that, under their current policies it would be taken down.

I think thats far from a conspiracy theory.

Government's are also flip flopping from day to day on recommendation's as they "reacting" rather than using educated decision making for safety.  e.g. at the start the NHs advice for PPE was reasonable, but they radically changed it when they realised they had no proper stock of PPE.  There is current advice not to use masks, because again supply issues, when enough supply is available that advice will change over night.  So something could be labeled a conspiracy theory one day, and be government advice the next.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 09:32:56 PM by Chrysalis »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44