Author Topic: TikToc  (Read 3883 times)

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
TikToc
« on: March 10, 2020, 11:18:55 AM »

Just received an email to my (liitle used) gmail account:

Hi <my gmail username>

Thanks for joining TikTok! TikTok is not only a destination for instantly entertaining, short-form mobile video, it's also a place where it's safe to be authentic and real.

To complete account sign-up: verify your email address to keep your account secure and provide a way to recover your password.

Verify your email address

Not your account?
Remove your email address

I've never been anywhere near TikTok (I'd heard of it but had no idea what it did).

My first reaction was that it was a scam, but the links in the email look genuine (they begin https: //m.tiktok.com/passport/email/unbind/index/?.... - I've put a space in the link to break it).
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: TikToc
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 11:35:26 AM »

It might be genuine but sent to you by mistake. A little while back I had a few emails to my gmail account, all intended for recipients with vaguely similar usernames to me. I'm guessing that autocomplete was to blame somewhere in the chain. One of them referred to the results of some medical tests, and I tried to get this one corrected by contacting the sender, but they wouldn't listen to me unless I logged in (which I obviously couldn't do).
  Eric

licquorice

• Reg Member
Re: TikToc
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 02:07:18 PM »

Happens all the time, people enter a wrong email address when signing up for things.