Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Updating Office  (Read 4607 times)

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
Re: Updating Office
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2020, 09:35:41 AM »

Apache Open office is very good, but I prefer its distant cousin (the free) Libre Office. [Apache didn't like some spreadsheet formulae that I'd created in MS Office, but Libre is as sweet as a nut.] I've used this for several years now, and found it excellent.

https://www.libreoffice.org/

BTW if you decide to d/l it, don't forget that the local help files are in a separate d/l file.

https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/ [version 6.4.6 will be fine (and more stable) for most users.]
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2021, 02:33:37 PM »

I moved to office 365 from my now ancient office 2009, my main reason is probably outlook, the rest of the suite is a bonus.
AAISP - Billion 8800NL bridge & PFSense BOX running PFSense 2.4 - ECI Cab - LINE STATISTICS CLICK HERE

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2021, 03:23:41 PM »

I'd go with Libreoffice I've used it for some years now and have yet to find a M$ file it cannot open from the Office suite, OK no Outlook but who cares about that there are plenty of free email products.

Stuart
ISP:TalkTalk Connection:FTTC Cab:ECI Router:Netgear D6220

vic0239

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2021, 03:40:58 PM »

I moved to office 365 from my now ancient office 2009, my main reason is probably outlook, the rest of the suite is a bonus.
You also get 1TB of storage with fast access. I can upload to OneDrive @ > 100Mbps. Some of the other online storage vendors I trialled were very sluggish in comparison.  :)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2021, 06:36:22 PM »

You also get 1TB of storage with fast access. I can upload to OneDrive @ > 100Mbps. Some of the other online storage vendors I trialled were very sluggish in comparison.  :)

Yeah it was quite convenient, I signed up for the 1tb space and within a few weeks was like I need the new office well I have it now anyway. :)
AAISP - Billion 8800NL bridge & PFSense BOX running PFSense 2.4 - ECI Cab - LINE STATISTICS CLICK HERE
Pages: 1 [2]