Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: A Chrome OS question about file creation  (Read 3981 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
A Chrome OS question about file creation
« on: May 20, 2021, 11:21:35 AM »

My dad has a Chromebook and he's enjoying it a lot, especially the speed it boots up and he's able to access his favourite sites.

But sometimes need to write things down when on websites. On my Windows PC I'll sometimes create a text file by going to the windows explorer, right clicking and selecting New and Text document. This lets me name a newly created document that I can write to.

I'm abit confused if this can be done on the Chrome OS? I'm sure there must be a way. The closest I've seen about document creation is using a google based word processor, which I assume is an online document. But I know the system can store documents locally as I've transferred documents via a usb stick.

So does anyone know the most easy way to create a simple text document locally on a Chromebook?
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

parkdale

• Reg Member
Re: A Chrome OS question about file creation
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2021, 09:54:54 AM »

Number 2 in this list could be the best alternative, as you can save it anywhere. https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/four-best-text-editors-chromebook/  :fingers:
I see Chromebooks by default only save to cloud.
Vodafone FTTC ECI cab 40/10Mb connection / Fritz!box7590

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: A Chrome OS question about file creation
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 06:58:22 PM »

Number 2 in this list could be the best alternative, as you can save it anywhere. https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/four-best-text-editors-chromebook/  :fingers:
I see Chromebooks by default only save to cloud.

Oh cool, I've used Notepad++ for programming functions on the PC before. I'll have to look in to it.

Thank you for the link.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

anything