Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21

Author Topic: Fibre First rollout Ramsgate and Broadstairs  (Read 36860 times)

j0hn

• Kitizen
Re: Fibre First rollout Ramsgate and Broadstairs
« Reply #210 on: May 18, 2021, 12:20:09 AM »

That was done during the building of the property.

You must consult with OpenReach in advance to get FTTP, else it's automatically copper.
OpenReach provide the developers the ducting free of charge and the builders place the ducting in the ground, right to to the property wall.
OpenReach inspect this and sign it off.
OpenReach then do the work on the pavement and do the ducting between the joint box and the property boundary, where they connect it to the ducting the developer laid.

On larger sites (building whole new estates) the developer also does the pavement ducting and builds all the joint boxes, which OpenReach provide for free.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 12:24:36 AM by j0hn »
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #211 on: May 18, 2021, 09:29:42 AM »

That was done during the building of the property.

Well you have to remember I have watched the entire build as I live next door and the duct from the pavement to 28a stops at 28a, it does not continue through to either 13 or 11a.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #212 on: May 19, 2021, 05:20:33 PM »

There is a lot of confusion about these plots but now they have addresses its 28a Crow Hill (plot 3), 11a Linden Avenue (plot 2) and 13 Linden Avenue (plot 1). Now for a start there is only one duct from the chamber in Crow Hill which goes to the front of 28a, there is no way they could run a new duct now underground to either 11a or 13 Linden Avenue so I do not think that quote from Black Sheep can still be valid, I certainly would not want anyone else's services run under my property. If they were to feed 11a from Crow Hill they would need permission to run a duct along the footpath and under what is the garden of 28a right by no 28. 28a is now virtually complete and we assume will be occupied soon as it and 13 Linden have both been sold. The other thing is 28a Crow Hill should have a post code of CT10 1HT which is why I could not find it, makes no sense for it to have a Linden Avenue post code that will cause chaos!

The other thing is 13 Linden is being sold as a new build despite it not having been demolished and rebuilt, the existing outer walls are original but the roof has been removed and a new upstairs added. As it is classed as a new build I'd expect FTTP if I were buying it! The plot for 11a has only been completed to foundation level as they needed a new planning application for it (I think they messed up with an earlier one which was refused!).

All our ducts in this area were surveyed last year and most of the duct cleaning etc was completed by March in Crow Hill, at least that which needed road works. So I'm hoping full FTTP construction in Broadstairs is going ahead well now.

Stuart

Appreciate j0hn helping out ... and Stuart, you have to bear in mind things can and do change ... but currently what is on our systems indicating where the plant is to go, is the same as what it was when mentioned it the first time around.

Plot 3 is fed via new duct from a JUF6 at the bottom of a pole to a JUF6 outside Plot 3 ...  Plot 1 is then fed via new duct from this same JUF6 outside Plot 3 - both are fed from the Crow Hill side.

Then, Plot 2 is fed separately via the Linden Av side. All 3 premises are listed under the new-sites project.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #213 on: May 19, 2021, 06:43:45 PM »

I understand what is showing as planned but my issue is that at no time have I seen any second duct dug from the boundary in Crow Hill  to plot 1 (the original house) and now they would have to dig up the new paving etc laid in both surroundings which would be a big task.

Stuart

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #214 on: May 19, 2021, 07:05:18 PM »

How do you know the second duct doesn't just tee off the first duct?
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #215 on: May 19, 2021, 07:48:00 PM »

How do you know the second duct doesn't just tee off the first duct?

Because I saw the current duct dug after all the building was nearly completed.  There's no way another duct could be built without us knowing, plot 3 is built on  solid chalk any any digging vibrates our whole property actually all the neighbouring  properties. The ground level of plot 3 is significantly below plot 1. Actually it's about 3-4 feet below our ground level and thecsame for plot 1.

Stuart
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 07:50:36 PM by broadstairs »

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #216 on: May 21, 2021, 11:56:57 PM »

@Black Sheep any idea what's up with this pole please? It's serves my brother, and its the only one in his road without a CBT.

SlimJ

« Reply #217 on: May 22, 2021, 04:27:19 PM »

@Black Sheep any idea what's up with this pole please? It's serves my brother, and its the only one in his road without a CBT.

I think A1024 means a replacement is required, noticed this on some old knackered chambers which were duly renewed. Would assume the pole needs replacing before being suitable for a CBT?!

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #218 on: May 22, 2021, 05:40:40 PM »

I thought something must be wrong with the poll, I wonder how long it'll be before it'll be replaced?

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #219 on: May 22, 2021, 05:57:39 PM »

The A1024 label must have been in situ for many, many, months (if not years) for the handwriting to be weathered away. Whatever the defect, it was not deemed as requiring immediate rectification.

Perhaps now, with the absence of a fitted CBT (assuming that one needs to be fitted to that pole for the native FTTP roll-out), whatever work that is required will be actioned. (If the A1024 label is still valid.)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #220 on: May 22, 2021, 05:59:51 PM »

Hi BC, its the only pole in the road without a CBT and supplies many houses, my brothers being one of them. Annoyingly another pole much closer has a CBT.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #221 on: May 22, 2021, 06:10:45 PM »

Hopefully Black Sheep will be able to enlighten us as to the situation with regards to pole carrying DP531.

There is just one little bit of information is missing . . . the telephony exchange with which that DP is associated. NDBRO perhaps?

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #222 on: May 22, 2021, 06:34:39 PM »

Before one.network removed details I noticed pole replacements being sheduled around me.  More recently I've seen new Openreach jobs showing up that just so happen to be marked EXACTLY where poles are, so I'm guessing there is a fair bit of pole replacement work for the FTTP rollout, for whatever reason.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #223 on: May 22, 2021, 10:33:39 PM »

Hopefully Black Sheep will be able to enlighten us as to the situation with regards to pole carrying DP531.

There is just one little bit of information is missing . . . the telephony exchange with which that DP is associated. NDBRO perhaps?

Nearly, it's NDRAM, Ramsgate.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #224 on: May 22, 2021, 10:49:09 PM »

Nearly, it's NDRAM, Ramsgate.

I had a 50% chance of getting it right!  :)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21

anything