Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Author Topic: Fibre First rollout Ramsgate and Broadstairs  (Read 36538 times)

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Fibre First rollout Ramsgate and Broadstairs
« Reply #195 on: April 23, 2021, 04:58:21 PM »

Yeah, I know, I was on my phone earlier and had literally just edited my post prior to you posting ;-)
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #196 on: April 23, 2021, 05:02:30 PM »

Yeah, I know, I was on my phone earlier and had literally just edited my post prior to you posting ;-)

;)  :D

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

supernoodles

« Reply #197 on: May 13, 2021, 12:09:33 AM »

Anyone happen to have any information about the estate just up from Tesco Manston? CT126AZ area

I live in one of the properties there and no sign of any work being done for FTTP 1GB and they seem to have completely cleared out of the newington area too i can see on the thinkbroadband map that the small blocks of flats near stanner court are capable of FTTP 1GB.

Even spoke to a couple of Openreach engineers that were working in the road today and neither of them had a clue about it :(

rmbles

« Reply #198 on: May 15, 2021, 09:19:09 PM »

Finally managed to place an order, installation booked for end of June!

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #199 on: May 16, 2021, 12:49:38 AM »

That's quite some time to wait, but it will be worth it.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #200 on: May 16, 2021, 06:57:10 PM »

That's quite some time to wait, but it will be worth it.

I think 6 weeks is pretty damn good, considering the circumstances we've all been under this last year !!

Whoever you choose to go with, they will have a back-log of work they are trying to bottom out.

craigv

« Reply #201 on: May 16, 2021, 10:11:12 PM »

Finally managed to place an order, installation booked for end of June!

Congrats rmbles :) it'll be worth the wait - I got mine last Monday in sunny Broadstairs :cool: after almost a month counting down the days and am definitely not disappointed!
RedHotAnt Unlimited 56k -> NTL 750kbit cable -> Virgin Size 4mbit cable -> Sky 5mbit ADSL -> Zen Internet 25mbit VDSL ->  Zen Internet 900mbit FTTP

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #202 on: May 16, 2021, 10:25:48 PM »

Knowing that the new house at 28a Crow Hill has FTTP available I thought I'd check the BT Address Checker but it does not show 28a as a valid address (which it is). I wonder how it will cope with that being the only house at present in the post code with FTTP and no others?

Stuart

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #203 on: May 17, 2021, 01:29:59 PM »

Knowing that the new house at 28a Crow Hill has FTTP available I thought I'd check the BT Address Checker but it does not show 28a as a valid address (which it is). I wonder how it will cope with that being the only house at present in the post code with FTTP and no others?

Stuart

It doesn't have FTTP available yet.
OpenReach doesn't even list 28a as an address. It can take a while for nearly registered address to filter through to OpenReach.

You will probably share a Splitter unless they feed it from the Linden Avenue side.

Actually looking again and 28a Crow Hill shows up on the BT Wholesale Checker but availability is unknown.

It also shows in both the OpenReach and Wholesale checker under the Linden Avenue postcode CT10 1HR.
With that postcode it shows FTTP is planned but not available so orders can't be placed.

I wonder how it will cope with that being the only house at present in the post code with FTTP and no others?

How do you mean cope?
FTTP availability is done at the individual address level.
The system works perfectly when only a single property or a small group of properties show availability.

Pre 2018 changes every single FTTPoD order enabled only a single address.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #204 on: May 17, 2021, 03:27:49 PM »

John I know the fibre comes up the road to the chamber under the pole outside our house next door to this one. I spoke to the BTOR guy installing it and 28a is fed from this chamber. AFAIK this fibre will become part of the roll out here we just need the stuff installed up the pole which is happening quite near to us.. The other two properties will be fed from Linden Avenue. I'm  hoping it will be completed by autumn as that's when my contract is up for renewal.

Stuart

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #205 on: May 17, 2021, 04:56:55 PM »

The other two properties will be fed from Linden Avenue. I'm  hoping it will be completed by autumn as that's when my contract is up for renewal.

Are you sure about that?
That's not what BlackSheep said earlier in the thread.

It's nice to wonder how it may pan out ... but I can tell you in no uncertain terms, there will be ductwork going from the box at the base of DP92 on Crow Hill, to a new JF4 outside what they are calling premises A1, from here it is then ducted directly to premises A3. So, two premises will be fed via Crow Hill.

Premises A2 will be fed via Linden Av and will see two new JF4's built on either side of the road, as the duct will run up to No.16 Linden Av, then cross the road .... then into A2 premises.

No overhead, all underground.

Looking again at the BT Wholesale Checker I can see that 28a Crow Hill is marked as FTTP planned with availability date of 27th May.
11a Linden Avenue show availability on 28th May.

That would match with BS comments and they would be the 2 properties fed from Crow Hill.

I assume the 3rd property (from reading the planning application) is 13 Linden Avenue. That currently shows no FTTP availability date. This again matches BS comments and would make sense as 13 Linden Avenue is an existing property showing FTTC availability.

The new properties must have full fibre according to the planning application.

Broadstairs Neighbourhood Plan Policies
BSP12 - Full Fibre Broadband Connections

As number 13 Linden Avenue is an existing property and already has a phone line with FTTC available they are already served by OpenReach.
Number 13 may be enabled for FTTP at the same time as the rest of the street, or the checker is just missing that info.

AFAIK this fibre will become part of the roll out here we just need the stuff installed up the pole which is happening quite near to us..

Definitely.
You will share the same fibre/splitter node as 28a if you are next door.

PS - not certain of your own premises address but No.24 is where 2 splitter-nodes meet.

The Splitter installed to serve 28a will serve up to 30 other properties.
It just needs fibre fed from the Splitter to a CBT on your pole and you're ready to order.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 04:59:20 PM by j0hn »

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #206 on: May 17, 2021, 06:18:27 PM »

There is a lot of confusion about these plots but now they have addresses its 28a Crow Hill (plot 3), 11a Linden Avenue (plot 2) and 13 Linden Avenue (plot 1). Now for a start there is only one duct from the chamber in Crow Hill which goes to the front of 28a, there is no way they could run a new duct now underground to either 11a or 13 Linden Avenue so I do not think that quote from Black Sheep can still be valid, I certainly would not want anyone else's services run under my property. If they were to feed 11a from Crow Hill they would need permission to run a duct along the footpath and under what is the garden of 28a right by no 28. 28a is now virtually complete and we assume will be occupied soon as it and 13 Linden have both been sold. The other thing is 28a Crow Hill should have a post code of CT10 1HT which is why I could not find it, makes no sense for it to have a Linden Avenue post code that will cause chaos!

The other thing is 13 Linden is being sold as a new build despite it not having been demolished and rebuilt, the existing outer walls are original but the roof has been removed and a new upstairs added. As it is classed as a new build I'd expect FTTP if I were buying it! The plot for 11a has only been completed to foundation level as they needed a new planning application for it (I think they messed up with an earlier one which was refused!).

All our ducts in this area were surveyed last year and most of the duct cleaning etc was completed by March in Crow Hill, at least that which needed road works. So I'm hoping full FTTP construction in Broadstairs is going ahead well now.

Stuart

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #207 on: May 17, 2021, 06:55:44 PM »

Now for a start there is only one duct from the chamber in Crow Hill which goes to the front of 28a,

That's exactly what BS said.
A single duct to A1, then directly from A1 to A3.

If they were to feed 11a from Crow Hill they would need permission to run a duct along the footpath and under what is the garden of 28a right by no 28

They don't need permission to run the duct from 28a to 11a.
It was a single applicant on the planning permission. They don't need to give themselves permission.

I certainly would not want anyone else's services run under my property.

It's very common, particularly in telecoms.

What's the difference between the duct going from 28A to 11A or instead going from 13 to 11A?
Either way number 11A is getting its OpenReach feed via another property.
They won't dig 3 separate feeds down the pavement back to the junction box for what is a single site if they don't have to.

I'd be confident that BS original info still stands.

The other thing is 28a Crow Hill should have a post code of CT10 1HT which is why I could not find it, makes no sense for it to have a Linden Avenue post code that will cause chaos!

It does with Royal Mail.
OpenReach will update in time.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #208 on: May 17, 2021, 07:48:04 PM »

I think 6 weeks is pretty damn good, considering the circumstances we've all been under this last year !!

I fully appreciate why there's a long wait from order to installation, but its still a long wait ;)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #209 on: May 17, 2021, 08:19:06 PM »

That's exactly what BS said.
A single duct to A1, then directly from A1 to A3.

They don't need permission to run the duct from 28a to 11a.
It was a single applicant on the planning permission. They don't need to give themselves permission.

It's very common, particularly in telecoms.

What's the difference between the duct going from 28A to 11A or instead going from 13 to 11A?
Either way number 11A is getting its OpenReach feed via another property.
They won't dig 3 separate feeds down the pavement back to the junction box for what is a single site if they don't have to.

I'd be confident that BS original info still stands.

It does with Royal Mail.
OpenReach will update in time.

My point is that there is no duct from 28a to either 11a or 13 and no way to create one because the landscape of 28a is already complete, they would need to dig up everything they have completed, if they don't dig it up it would need to go overhead.

Stuart
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21