Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Author Topic: Fibre First rollout Ramsgate and Broadstairs  (Read 36533 times)

j0hn

• Kitizen
Re: Fibre First rollout Ramsgate and Broadstairs
« Reply #180 on: March 12, 2021, 06:19:50 AM »

Seems like I will be having a 'frank and meaningfull conversation ' with TT.

There's no conversation to be had, unless you can convince them to change the product they sell.

There's simply no way to "upgrade" to Talktalk FTTP residential and keep the landline number.

It's been tried numerous times on the Talktalk forums and on ThinkBroadband.
An upgrade simply makes the landline number disappear.

**The only way is to migrate the number to VOIP, and then take FTTP as a new customer as it ceases the FTTC.

** It can be done with a break in service.
Migrate FTTC landline number to a 3rd party VOIP provider. This ceases your Talktalk service.
The day after the line is ceased you can order FTTP from the closed account.
There's downtime between the FTTC ceasing and FTTP being installed.

Alternatively there's Talktalk Business. You can migrate a residential account to business.

In fairness to Talktalk the sales team are very clear in their explanation during FTTP ordering that it is a data only product and you can't keep your landline number.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 03:24:09 PM by j0hn »
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

rmbles

« Reply #181 on: March 23, 2021, 02:43:34 PM »

College Road Ramsgate is now live :-) Just need to wait for Vodafone to update their database so i can order it now.

craigv

« Reply #182 on: March 23, 2021, 07:49:53 PM »

They've been busy in St. Peter's this week & last, pulling fibre through the ducts and fitting CBT's to every pole across the estate.. so fingers crossed FTTP will be heading this way soon as I've been impatiently waiting since Virgin didn't bother with my street  ;D

C
RedHotAnt Unlimited 56k -> NTL 750kbit cable -> Virgin Size 4mbit cable -> Sky 5mbit ADSL -> Zen Internet 25mbit VDSL ->  Zen Internet 900mbit FTTP

Wera

« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2021, 12:47:49 PM »

There was a new Openreach team today. They put a note through our letter box to say they were doing some duct checking from the underground chamber to the premises. They should be back later today with rods and ropes. Hopefully its not choked with mud.

rmbles

« Reply #184 on: March 26, 2021, 09:25:14 AM »

Great - vodafone have no idea when they're bringing "gigafast" to Ramsgate, and i'm in contract for another 14 months...

SlimJ

« Reply #185 on: March 26, 2021, 10:10:19 AM »

There was a new Openreach team today. They put a note through our letter box to say they were doing some duct checking from the underground chamber to the premises. They should be back later today with rods and ropes. Hopefully its not choked with mud.

The Thinkbroadband map has been updated for Cliffsend now.

As you're a 'Cliffsender', have you seen work progressing anywhere else in the area? (ie, Cottington Rd, Old Hall Drive, and heading up towards and over the railway?).

Wera

« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2021, 02:05:07 PM »

The Thinkbroadband map has been updated for Cliffsend now.

As you're a 'Cliffsender', have you seen work progressing anywhere else in the area? (ie, Cottington Rd, Old Hall Drive, and heading up towards and over the railway?).
Funny you should mention that. They added a new green cabinet by the junction of Foads Lane and Cottington Road some time back. Its one of the combined ones. My vdsl connection goes to the cabinet by the Viking Ship. There is another one on the road by Manna Hutte, but this new one I think was added to cover the new build and maybe the station? In any event when they had the Sandwich Road dug up I had to drive back through Cottington Road. On the way home one Saturday, around about November I think. I spotted an Openreach van working on a telegraph pole and it looked like they were hanging a CBT off of this near to the new houses. This is just before the St Augustine monument.

craigv

« Reply #187 on: April 13, 2021, 03:24:14 PM »

Just in case anyone else from St. Peters happens to stop by this thread - it looks like some of the estate (Grafton Road, Camden Road, etc) is active for FTTP now at least the areas where they've already fitted infrastructure. :)

My house is showing as available, along with other roads I've tried so fingers crossed!

C
RedHotAnt Unlimited 56k -> NTL 750kbit cable -> Virgin Size 4mbit cable -> Sky 5mbit ADSL -> Zen Internet 25mbit VDSL ->  Zen Internet 900mbit FTTP

Wera

« Reply #188 on: April 17, 2021, 12:30:32 PM »

I had my fttp hooked up on Thursday. The OR guy was really hepful and more than happy to route it through some 20mm conduit into my garage. The initial speed test was a bit disappointing. When I tested it the speed was the same as before at 14Mb/s. I had been using the supplied Smarthub 2 temporarily and he had left it connected to the phone line as well as the ONT via the wan connection. I connected up my pfsense box to the ONT, set up ppoe and reconnected at 500Mb/s!

More than I will need for the forseable future, and hopefully I wont get daily disconnects like I did with vdsl. I wasn't planning on using the landline, but he has left the copper still connected. Presumably the next time someone orders fttc they will disconnect it at that end?

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #189 on: April 17, 2021, 02:43:11 PM »

More than I will need for the forseable future, and hopefully I wont get daily disconnects like I did with vdsl. I wasn't planning on using the landline, but he has left the copper still connected. Presumably the next time someone orders fttc they will disconnect it at that end?

If this is a migration I would have thought it would only allow one PPP connection at a time for your account, but then who knows these days.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #190 on: April 23, 2021, 11:40:27 AM »

I have just been talking to the OR guy outside working in the footpath box beneath our pole. He has confirmed there is fibre in that box and the new house next door will get FTTP when connected but he is not adding the necessary stuff on our pole to provide all the connected properties with that option. We have to wait for the full roll out here later in the year. That is really a b****r but I guess that's how it goes, at least they wont be another VDSL user hitting my b/w.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #191 on: April 23, 2021, 02:15:08 PM »

I have just been talking to the OR guy outside working in the footpath box beneath our pole. He has confirmed there is fibre in that box and the new house next door will get FTTP when connected but he is not adding the necessary stuff on our pole to provide all the connected properties with that option. We have to wait for the full roll out here later in the year. That is really a b****r but I guess that's how it goes, at least they wont be another VDSL user hitting my b/w.

Stuart

Hi Stuart, that's a bit of a pain.
So is next door buying FTTPoD if so I though FTTP would be available for all others on that DP .
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #192 on: April 23, 2021, 03:22:50 PM »

Hi Stuart, that's a bit of a pain.
So is next door buying FTTPoD if so I though FTTP would be available for all others on that DP .

No next door is a 3 property new build although only one is actually next door to me the other two front onto the road behind. I'm guessing the builders may have something to do with it.

Stuart

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #193 on: April 23, 2021, 04:11:36 PM »

The problem for Stuart is that he and other properties there are overhead fed, the new properties are underground, therefore no infrastructure on the poles (as he mentions above), means no FTTP yet.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 04:56:58 PM by Ronski »
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #194 on: April 23, 2021, 04:56:59 PM »

I think the problem is that you and other properties there are overhead fed, the new properties are underground, therefore no infrastructure on the poles, means no FTTP yet.

Yes I get that, still should be done by October with any luck as that's when my contract expires. My issue will then be satisfying 'her indoors' requirement for a landline along with FTTP!

Stuart
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

anything