Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: Fibre First rollout Ramsgate and Broadstairs  (Read 36586 times)

Wera

Re: Fibre First rollout Ramsgate and Broadstairs
« Reply #165 on: February 24, 2021, 08:08:21 AM »

Hi Stuart as Ronski has noted I am in Foad's Lane, Cliffsend

Wera

« Reply #166 on: March 02, 2021, 12:32:23 PM »

The 8 port CBT was installed today. Hopefully connecting it up wont take much longer. I am now officially excited!

SlimJ

« Reply #167 on: March 02, 2021, 04:09:29 PM »

The 8 port CBT was installed today. Hopefully connecting it up wont take much longer. I am now officially excited!

I noticed a load of cabling and CBTs on poles over the weekend so hopefully not too much longer.  Would imagine this could start going live from about April in the Cliffsend area.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #168 on: March 02, 2021, 08:29:43 PM »

My younger brothers address in Cheriton Avenue Ramsgate is now live, shame he can't afford it and has to get ADSL to keep the costs down.

I'll have to check some postcodes when I get chance and get another list off to Andrew.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Wera

« Reply #169 on: March 11, 2021, 10:09:29 AM »

As predicted by SlimJ it is now available for April installs. I checked this morning and the Openreach checker showed FTTP is available and a new ONT may be ordered. So off to BT to order it. I think it may be quite popular as the first available slot I booked for April 13th disappeared before I could book it!

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #170 on: March 11, 2021, 10:25:17 AM »

That's good news, every so often I check various postcodes and email think broadband so they update their map, there's a lot of FTTP available around Ramsgate and Broadstairs now.

https://labs.thinkbroadband.com/local/broadband-map#13/51.3310/1.1582/geafttp/

SlimJ

« Reply #171 on: March 11, 2021, 10:34:07 AM »

As predicted by SlimJ it is now available for April installs. I checked this morning and the Openreach checker showed FTTP is available and a new ONT may be ordered. So off to BT to order it. I think it may be quite popular as the first available slot I booked for April 13th disappeared before I could book it!

Nice!  Yes, saw a couple of Openreach guys splicing in a chamber along Sandwich Road (near the junction with Foads Ln) on Saturday so assumed it wouldn't be long until things started going live.

I have a couple of other postcodes (Barham) that have also gone live, so I'll find some of the postcodes and send Andrew an email for the map - SENT!

Apart from Cliffsend and Newington, it looks like the majority of Ramsgate is nearly completed.  Would imagine by the middle to end of the year, both Ramsgate and Broadstairs should be completed... **Wonders where all those engineers will go next**  ::)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 10:55:11 AM by SlimJ »

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #172 on: March 11, 2021, 11:51:51 AM »

Looking on that map it seems to be working its way north across Broadstairs. We have had quite a lot of work round here recently, just hoping it will be here by the end of summer when my contract is up for renewal.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

SlimJ

« Reply #173 on: March 11, 2021, 12:41:42 PM »

Looking on that map it seems to be working its way north across Broadstairs. We have had quite a lot of work round here recently, just hoping it will be here by the end of summer when my contract is up for renewal.

Stuart

Not sure where you are exactly but can't imagine it will be too much longer (if you have CBT's visible on poles etc)?  If it's not live when your contract ends, why not just go with BT, Sky or Zen, who all offer both FTTC and FTTP packages, then when FTTP goes live you can just regrade while in contract?

I'm based in Monkton and our CFP was successful so our service should go live in the next 12 months - as my contract is with Plusnet and expires in June, I will likely move over to one of the above ISPs then regrade when FTTP finally becomes available (leaning towards Zen).

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #174 on: March 11, 2021, 12:53:11 PM »

We don't yet have anything atop the poles, at least not yet in our road. My ISP TalkTalk now does FTTP so I don't have to change ISP it will depend on what's on offer and at what price.

Stuart

SlimJ

« Reply #175 on: March 11, 2021, 01:21:00 PM »

We don't yet have anything atop the poles, at least not yet in our road. My ISP TalkTalk now does FTTP so I don't have to change ISP it will depend on what's on offer and at what price.

Stuart

I checked a few postcodes of live FTTP areas and it doesn't always appear available?  Seems like they are slow to update their database?  Packages look good value though (Fibre 500 for £40).

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #176 on: March 11, 2021, 03:52:11 PM »

Apart from Cliffsend and Newington, it looks like the majority of Ramsgate is nearly completed.  Would imagine by the middle to end of the year, both Ramsgate and Broadstairs should be completed... **Wonders where all those engineers will go next**  ::)

Yes not much of Ramsgate left now, some of Nethercourt, Chilton (there was blocked ducts which I think are now clear), Ramsgate town centre and the Newington Estate. I know they've been working in all those areas except the town centre.

Lots of Broadstairs left  including my own estate which is likely being left to nearer the end as its all underground and therefore higher cost. Some area's of Broadstairs have loads of planned works by BT, so highly likely FTTP related.

As to where they'll go next there's still Sandwich/Deal/Canterbury/Herne Bay/ Whitstable and surrounding areas that are currently planned - see attached. Seems Sandwich is now listed as in plan between now and 2024 :-(

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #177 on: March 11, 2021, 06:58:08 PM »

Stuart

Do you wish to keep your landline number? Talktalk don't make that easy.

Their offering is pretty useless for any current customers who want to upgrade to FTTP and to keep their current landline number.

They don't provide any phone service on FTTP, it's data only. There's no VOIP option.

They don't offer any way to migrate the landline number to VOIP without it ceasing the current FTTC.

The only way is to order FTTP as a new customer, on a new email address, and then when the FTTP is live migrate the FTTC landline number to a 3rd party VOIP provider which ceases the FTTC service.
This loses any attached Talktalk email accounts (not that anyone should have ISP provided email).

As Talktalk don't offer a landline without broadband you can't even keep the copper active for voice only with Talktalk.

Alternatively pay a bit more for Talktalk Business.

I understand not providing a landline service on FTTP.
They should allow you to use OpenReach's "renumber with number export" service allowing you to migrate the current landline number to VOIP, allowing a direct FTTP upgrade without losing the number.

I plan on switching to Talktalk's 500/75 FTTP in the near future, now that they are finally selling FTTP on my exchange.
Not bad for £40 a month.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #178 on: March 11, 2021, 07:36:34 PM »

Seems like I will be having a 'frank and meaningfull conversation ' with TT.

Stuart

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #179 on: March 11, 2021, 08:28:05 PM »

I plan on switching to Talktalk's 500/75 FTTP in the near future, now that they are finally selling FTTP on my exchange.
Not bad for £40 a month.

Now that sounds interesting, if we ever get FTTP, and not fussed about a landline haven't had one for years.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21