Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Author Topic: Fibre First rollout Ramsgate and Broadstairs  (Read 36576 times)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: Fibre First rollout Ramsgate and Broadstairs
« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2020, 11:38:55 PM »

No apologies necessary, I have probably missed many of the discussions on here over the years and anyway you learn something new every day!

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

SlimJ

« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2020, 12:52:55 PM »

I did find one a week or so ago, but didn't think it worth emailing for just one, which I see is in your list.

CT12 6QB (187 - 203)

Should all be on the map now along with some other areas I found.  Looks like some of Hereson road area has also gone live.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2020, 01:15:01 PM »

Looking good, certainly a lot of areas coming online now.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2020, 11:24:37 AM »

Just to follow up on the pole in Crow Hill DP92 is actually outside No 30 not No 28 as the work permit shows, there is no pole outside either the new property or No 20, Yes there is a box beneath DP92. As for which property is designated A1 that is up for debate as it does not agree with the planning application where plot 1 is the original bungalow now extended in Linden Avenue and the Crow Hill one is plot 3.

Just to confuse things further the builders applied for a second planning permission for these same 3 new builds but this has been refused! Now from what I've been reading a subsequent planning application for the same development submitted before completion of the previous successful application invalidates all permissions meaning the current state is 'unlawful development'  ;D So we now do not know what is happening and I suspect they will have to appeal. But do they risk carrying on or do they stop in case any appeal fails. I have no found out the reason for the refusal as that has not been published. In addition one property is 'sold subject to contract' but I cannot imagine any solicitor will allow the purchase to go through while it is deemed an unlawful development.

Also raises the question of whether BTOR will want to do their work in the new year considering the current state?

Stuart

dog-man

« Reply #139 on: December 17, 2020, 11:30:52 AM »

The pole outside 20 Osborne Road, Broadstairs was cabled up with a new junction box up top yesterday.
So that will be live very soon.

dog-man

« Reply #140 on: December 17, 2020, 12:39:15 PM »

Correction********

I thought they had finished, but they are back now finishing off on the pole outside 20 Osborne Road.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #141 on: December 17, 2020, 01:28:31 PM »

Just to confuse things further the builders applied for a second planning permission for these same 3 new builds but this has been refused! Now from what I've been reading a subsequent planning application for the same development submitted before completion of the previous successful application invalidates all permissions meaning the current state is 'unlawful development'  ;D So we now do not know what is happening and I suspect they will have to appeal. But do they risk carrying on or do they stop in case any appeal fails. I have no found out the reason for the refusal as that has not been published. In addition one property is 'sold subject to contract' but I cannot imagine any solicitor will allow the purchase to go through while it is deemed an unlawful development.

I'm pretty sure the original permission still stands, so as long as its built as the original granted planning permission states, then they should be fine.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2020, 01:37:20 PM »

I'm pretty sure the original permission still stands, so as long as its built as the original granted planning permission states, then they should be fine.

Yes that's what I thought, but there was a recent case in the high court (and I think the supreme court) which implies otherwise, don't know for sure it applies but it could.

Stuart

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #143 on: December 17, 2020, 02:34:24 PM »

It definitely still stands.
Been involved in the planning process for years, North and South of the border.

It's VERY common to get planning permission by taking the advise of planning officers and following their recommendations.
Then after approval apply for new planning permission with tweaks to the original plans (like a bigger house/extra rooms).

Sometimes there are 8, 10, 12 sets of plans submitted for approval on larger sites.
If every new application invalidated the preceding application it would cause chaos.

I'm also a fully certified homes under the hammer watcher and see my mate Dion talking about this all the time  ::)
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

supernoodles

« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2020, 09:56:03 PM »

hey guys any word on if the rollout will cover "New Meridian Village" near tesco manston in ramsgate?

So Observatory Way / Meridian Close etc

CT126AZ for example

The fibre first map cuts off at Stanner court i did see on https://one.network/ mention of Spine work but that has since disappeared i also saw two guys in my road feeding a yellow cable of some sort from one drain to another.

I currently get 80/20 so its not the end of the world but 1gb isn't gonna be something i pass up a chance to have lol

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #145 on: December 17, 2020, 10:28:44 PM »

Not sure why you say the https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/fibre-first map cuts off at Stanner Court, I just checked and it covers right up to the Haine Road.

I doubt there would need to be any roadworks permits for your estate, it's all new build so the ducts should be nice and clear, making it an easy install.

supernoodles

« Reply #146 on: December 18, 2020, 01:52:27 AM »

oh dear i am apparently terrible at reading maps :lol: just took another look and zoomed in with windows magnifier because you can't zoom in super far on the map and realised i was looking at the green area thinking that was my road :D

Sorry for the waste of time lol

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #147 on: December 18, 2020, 06:20:20 AM »

No problem, try control + to zoom in a browser window, control - to zoom out and control 0 to reset.

Wera

« Reply #149 on: January 06, 2021, 04:41:56 PM »

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2021/01/openreach-delays-new-broadband-installs-due-to-covid19.html
I am hoping I can get an escalation given the length of my current connection. They have started running the cables in Cliffsend this week and should get started on my end of the village next week. Though I imagine it takes a while before its signed off and the database is updated
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21