Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21

Author Topic: Fibre First rollout Ramsgate and Broadstairs  (Read 36556 times)

rmbles

Re: Fibre First rollout Ramsgate and Broadstairs
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2020, 04:44:52 PM »

The road near to me has now gone live, and i can see their postcode is available to order ultrafast on the BT checker.  However I'm tied into a vodafone contract for another 17 months, and they're not showing that their gigafast product is available to that address.  Vodafone support just say they only have access to what the web checker says.  Any idea how long it might take for 3rd-party ISPs to catch up?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 10:31:07 AM by rmbles »

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2020, 07:28:48 PM »

You say the road next to has gone live, what about your actual road? Which road is it?
What does this checker say for your full address https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

I noticed the other day that Approach Rd, Upper Approach Rd, Chaucer Rd, Howard Rd and Inverness Terrace all in Broadstairs are now live.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 07:38:35 PM by Ronski »
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

rmbles

« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2020, 08:30:34 PM »

My road isn't live yet (CT117SY) but CT117ST is, and appears on the checker as 'FTTP is available'.  I'm using the postcode that is live in vodafone's checker.  Even if it takes BT another 6 months to get to my road, i'm still going to be in contract with VF for another year, so will be gutted if I can't order through them.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 08:34:03 PM by rmbles »

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2020, 04:05:43 PM »

Been checking for signs of work in my area and found this today for January on roadworks.org

Description:    LAY DUCT IN FOOTWAY TOWARDS CUSTOMER PROPERTY

which states this is outside 28 Crow Hill. Now what puzzles me is that there are ducts all the way up the road and all have been checked, and these existing ducts are all on the same side as no 28. We all have our feeds from poles in Crow Hill, so why duct in footway towards this house. Also 28 itself has a connection to a pole. The confusion factor is that next to 28 there are 3 houses (well 2 new builds and 1 conversion) being built in the garden of an old bungalow which is on Linden Avenue, so could this be for the new builds, but why a new duct? Any ideas?

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #109 on: December 03, 2020, 08:12:37 PM »

Could it possibly be for a new pole, 28's pole is roughly 50 meters away? Perhaps it's going in to serve the new houses as well - always though that bit of land looked ripe for building on, although typical small gardens.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #110 on: December 03, 2020, 08:24:00 PM »

Yes very small gardens and the biggest property is the oldest converted from a bungalow to a 4 bed chalet with miniscule garden, all 3 on sale for a total of 1.675 million  :o and all 3 advertised as new builds.  :o only 2 are real new builds in my view. Don't mention the noise and disruption  >:(

Stuart

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #111 on: December 03, 2020, 08:27:45 PM »

I'm certainly in the wrong game, but trouble is I would have only put two houses in there, very nice profit for someone.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #112 on: December 04, 2020, 09:27:49 AM »

Been checking for signs of work in my area and found this today for January on roadworks.org

which states this is outside 28 Crow Hill. Now what puzzles me is that there are ducts all the way up the road and all have been checked, and these existing ducts are all on the same side as no 28. We all have our feeds from poles in Crow Hill, so why duct in footway towards this house. Also 28 itself has a connection to a pole. The confusion factor is that next to 28 there are 3 houses (well 2 new builds and 1 conversion) being built in the garden of an old bungalow which is on Linden Avenue, so could this be for the new builds, but why a new duct? Any ideas?

Stuart

The new duct from the base of the pole on Crow Hill, is to feed 2 of the 3 houses you mention above, the 3rd house is being fed via new duct from a box on Delmaney Close/Linden Av.

HTH.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #113 on: December 04, 2020, 09:54:29 AM »

PS - not certain of your own premises address but No.24 is where 2 splitter-nodes meet. So it depends on which one you are in as to to the ECD of each node. One is the end of Jan, the other is the back end of Feb.

Let's us not get pedantic though (like one or two can do on here), and hone in on the actually estimated completion date. It may be earlier, it may be later .... there may be Xmas embargo hold-ups and in-life change work to be done ... conversely it may go sweet as a nut ??

:)

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #114 on: December 04, 2020, 10:15:56 AM »

Thanks Black Sheep for the info. The FTTP install does seem to be progressing well around Ramsgate and Broadstairs. Although nothing happening on my estate at the moment although I think I know why.

dog-man

« Reply #115 on: December 04, 2020, 10:19:40 AM »

I have given up waiting for BT to bring fibre to my home. I have now gone with Virgin and no complaints so far.

Previously with Sky on an 80 / 20 service. I was getting a maximum of 7.4mb a second when downloading.
Now, I max at around 72mb a second.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2020, 10:24:04 AM »

I have given up waiting for BT to bring fibre to my home. I have now gone with Virgin and no complaints so far.

Wait until you need some customer support, then you'll certainly have some complaints  ;)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #117 on: December 04, 2020, 10:33:21 AM »

The new duct from the base of the pole on Crow Hill, is to feed 2 of the 3 houses you mention above, the 3rd house is being fed via new duct from a box on Delmaney Close/Linden Av.

HTH.

I am puzzled as to why they get a duct when the pole is actually outside the new house on Crow Hill, it is literally by the boundary between the new house and 30 Crow Hill and there is a box in the pathway right next to the base of the pole. Why not feed it from the pole? Only one house fronts Crow Hill the other two are fronting Linden Avenue. Next question has to be are they getting a duct and FTTP or just for now copper phone line? House no 28 is fed from the pole in question as are 6 other houses and a slave pole outside nos 39/41.

I just checked no 28 is an existing house on the downhill side of the new builds so this new one in Crow Hill would be 28A.

Stuart

dog-man

« Reply #118 on: December 04, 2020, 10:41:43 AM »

Wait until you need some customer support, then you'll certainly have some complaints  ;)

Yes, I have heard some horror stories about their customer service.
I am an experienced user so would hope that I could fix most issues myself if the fault is at my end.

A recorded delivery letter always works wonders when you can't get through to customer services.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #119 on: December 04, 2020, 01:34:17 PM »

@dog-man I'm an experienced user, which actually complicated things because I use modem mode, which first line support doesn't understand modem  mode, they are obsessed with WiFi. Every time you phone up you basically start all over again, even if it's an on going fault, try and ask for second tier support and they just send you any where, I've ended up speaking to all sorts of departments.

In the end I managed to get it fixed by using the forum, but both faults had me pulling my hair out and :wall: :wall:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21