Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Fibre First rollout Ramsgate and Broadstairs  (Read 6341 times)

Wera

• Just arrived
Re: Fibre First rollout Ramsgate and Broadstairs
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2020, 07:19:12 PM »

The trouble is they rip the fibre out as well,  some times they just can't tell the difference, and even if they could it would get dragged out along with the copper.
If they ever rip out mine I will derive some satisfaction from the how little they will earn when they try and flog it only to find its worthless aluminium.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2020, 09:53:57 PM »

If they ever rip out mine I will derive some satisfaction from the how little they will earn when they try and flog it only to find its worthless aluminium.

Having recently taken some to the local scrap yard i can assure you Aluminium isn't worthless.
BT FTTP 160/30 - BQM - speed test

rmbles

• Just arrived
« Reply #92 on: Today at 09:34:31 AM »

I'm in College Road (margate road end) and keep seeing the fibre boxes either tied round poles or actually mounted to them within a few hundred yards of my house.
It looks like my copper comes in underground though as there's no telegraph feeding me.

Any idea how long it is from fibre black boxes going up on poles to actually being able to order a FTTP service?
Also - initially is it only available from BT or would Voda/TalkTalk/etc be able to offer the service too?

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #93 on: Today at 10:13:09 AM »

Hi rmbles, welcome to the forums.

It can be weeks or many months or more, no telling really. Top of my brothers road went live ages ago, yet the bottom end hasn't. I'm pretty sure those supplied overhead will be live quicker than those fed underground. We are also underground fed  :(

Once live, you should be able to order from any ISP that sells an FTTP service, there are some exceptions if the ISP doesn't have the required cable links at the exchange, but I suspect with the size of Ramsgate that shouldn't be a problem.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

SlimJ

• Just arrived
« Reply #94 on: Today at 01:24:34 PM »

As Ronski says, could be weeks or months, but more and more of the network in Ramsgate is going live now with some also going live in Broadstairs.

You can see the map of live areas here (just note that this isn't bang up to date - it's more than likely that some new areas have gone live recently): https://labs.thinkbroadband.com/local/index.php?tab=2&election=1#14/51.3486/1.4144/geafttp/
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

anything