Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21

Author Topic: Fibre First rollout Ramsgate and Broadstairs  (Read 36554 times)

j0hn

• Kitizen
Re: Fibre First rollout Ramsgate and Broadstairs
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2020, 12:41:29 AM »

That map is curious as its showing FTTP in a few areas on my exchange but I'm unable to confirm that anywhere else.  One of the areas BT don't even have that estate listed on their broadband checker as its too new.

Andrew will likely use the OpenReach checker rather than the BT Wholesale checker to confirm availability.

He added my development to their maps about a month before it was showing available on the BT Wholesale checker.
The OpenReach site was showing availability.

I could order FTTP from ISP's who don't use BT Wholesale but couldn't order from those that do like BT or Cerberus.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 12:43:34 AM by j0hn »
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2020, 01:44:53 AM »

Its certainly interesting as I think SamKnows said FTTP available in some areas for quite some time.  So I guess some new builds got it?
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2020, 08:22:11 AM »

BT built some brownfield FTTP a few places in 2009-2010. They then realised how expensive it was and wound back their ambitions for FTTP while increasing coverage ambitions for FTTC.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2020, 10:45:31 AM »

Andrew does occasionally get it wrong, one of my friends moved into a local new build, his map showed FTTP,, but the checker said no, turns out there was some confusion over the postcode location IIRC. Somewhere nearby which does have FTTP wasn't shown and it should have been that location.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

SlimJ

« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2020, 03:34:25 PM »

Not Ramsgate or Broadstairs related, but I noticed they were busy hanging fibre cable between Ham and Eastry this morning so would imagine progress will be made on the whole Sandwich area over the coming months.

There was also some new Openreach road markings between Woodnesborough and Sandwich the other day, also some roadworks planned to hang fibre cable in Woodnesborough coming up!

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2020, 03:41:34 PM »

Let's hope Sandwich progresses quickly, could do with a better connection here at work.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2020, 10:34:47 AM »

Some of Nethercourt, Manston Road and St. Lawrence is now live.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2020, 05:29:20 PM »

Part of Northwood Road, and all of Vincent Close in Broadstairs is now live.

Also got a mate that lives in The Russets/The Ridings area of Chestfield Whitstable and that's live to.

SlimJ

« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2020, 09:48:09 AM »

Part of Northwood Road, and all of Vincent Close in Broadstairs is now live.

Also got a mate that lives in The Russets/The Ridings area of Chestfield Whitstable and that's live to.

Nice.  Do you have some postcodes, I'll fire them across to Andrew on TB, he'll update the map and will be able to find others. :)

I rode through Deal yesterday, there seems to be some good progress there, not checked if anything is live just yet.

dog-man

« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2020, 10:08:34 AM »

Can anyone provide a photo of the boxes that are fitted to telegraph poles when it has FTTP please?

I had an email some time ago from OpenReach telling me I will have FTTP very soon as work has now began in my area.
I have yet to see and OpenReach engineers in my area except for the ones who frequent the exchange further up my road.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2020, 10:12:40 AM »

Nice.  Do you have some postcodes, I'll fire them across to Andrew on TB, he'll update the map and will be able to find others. :)

I rode through Deal yesterday, there seems to be some good progress there, not checked if anything is live just yet.

Already done, sent them an email Saturday with a couple of post codes - CT5 3QG and CT10 2ND 

SlimJ

« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2020, 10:16:12 AM »

Already done, sent them an email Saturday with a couple of post codes - CT5 3QG and CT10 2ND

I've found some more for Thanet, and some for Deal. So I'll send an email also.  Hopefully he'll be able to pick up any that we haven't found.  ;D

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2020, 10:17:35 AM »

Can anyone provide a photo of the boxes that are fitted to telegraph poles when it has FTTP please?

I had an email some time ago from OpenReach telling me I will have FTTP very soon as work has now began in my area.
I have yet to see and OpenReach engineers in my area except for the ones who frequent the exchange further up my road.

There are some pictures here http://andysworld.org.uk/tag/fttp/

I've noticed on the poles around our way there is a yellow tag which states "caution overhead fibre", bear in mind it could be FTTPod, but if the CBT Iis on the pole you're connected to then you will be able to order once live.

Edited for clarity.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 01:15:33 PM by Ronski »

dog-man

« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2020, 10:22:56 AM »

Thank You.

Wera

« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2020, 11:59:35 AM »

Chilton Lane today. CBT? I am surprised they haven't bolted the block to the pole, but I dont suppose it takes them long.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21

anything