Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21

Author Topic: Fibre First rollout Ramsgate and Broadstairs  (Read 36577 times)

mofa2020

• Reg Member
Re: Fibre First rollout Ramsgate and Broadstairs
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2020, 09:05:33 PM »

FTTC FTW  :lol:

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2020, 11:54:02 AM »

As I was out for a walk the other day I noticed that there is RR and ND sprayed by the chamber covers with arrows.

Anybody know what this means?

Only thing I can think of it Roped & Rodded and perhaps No Duct
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Wera

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2020, 11:25:16 AM »

As I was out for a walk the other day I noticed that there is RR and ND sprayed by the chamber covers with arrows.

Anybody know what this means?

Only thing I can think of it Roped & Rodded and perhaps No Duct

Openreach were in Cliffsend today doing some tree surgery so I tackled them about the progress of fibre. They claimed the work should be complete by August. They showed me a connectorised block in the van, but they said the work is spreading out from Ramsgate/Broadstairs town centre initially to outlying areas.

I mentioned our property is fed from an underground chamber so he came an opened the lid for me. There was a brand new rope ready to pull the fibre through, so that was encouraging. He claimed the property was surveyed in October last year. Our line runs up to the cabinet at the Viking ship via aluminium wire so I am desperate to get a  decent connection. I am currently using a 4G router and a BT connection in order to get a reasonable speed as I work from home.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2020, 11:50:56 AM »

Welcome to the forums Wera. That's good to hear, although I doubt that complete by August applies to all of Ramsgate/Broadstairs. Apart from the markings on our estate I've not seen any other works in Broadstairs, nothing shown on https://one.network/ which mentions PON or fibre spine cabling like quite a few in Ramsgate, but that only shows works which require a permit.

I'm also looking forward to FTTP, although we do currently have Virgin which whilst much better than my aluminium line it does still have problems.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2020, 12:26:33 PM »

Is permit only required to clear blockages?  I'd imagine just rodding a duct does not require one?
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2020, 01:41:15 PM »

Clearing blockages if the rodding doesn't do it require excavation hence permit in some areas. If they are cleared by rodding they aren't noted.

Rodding doesn't usually involve a permit however if it requires closing of a footway it certainly will.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2020, 08:10:27 PM »

That's what I thought.  Though its curious when they rewired the local ducting recently it DID show up on one.network, despite the fact it was entirely in the grass verge so did not block the footway at all.  I'm guessing it was due to the fact potentially they might have had to dig up the grass so got permission "just in case".
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Wera

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2020, 01:35:47 PM »

I noticed today whilst strolling around Cliffsend that a number of telephone poles are now sporting blue rope at the base. I haven't noticed this before so I think its fairly recent. Presumably this is to pull the underground cable to the pole so it can hook up to a connectorised block?

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2020, 01:40:02 PM »

Yes that's right, could be just for new phone lines, but given its more than one pole and the roll out its much more likely for pulling the fibre tubes through - these are black with a yellow stripe on.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2020, 04:46:42 PM »

I've noticed a couple of poles near us with a blue rope at the base. Also seen some guys working for Network Provisioning (at least that what I seem to remember on their van, or some very similar name) just down the road from us so wondering if they are to do with the rollout here in Broadstairs. Be good if they get their fingers out since it was announced last summer to be done by this summer!   :fingers:

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2020, 08:33:34 PM »

Can't see anything scheduled in Broadstairs yet, but there's loads around the Southwood Road/ St Mildreds Road area of Ramsgate for the next few weeks.

PS. They seem to refer to it as Thanet Fibre Cities.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 06:24:08 AM by Ronski »

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2020, 07:21:27 PM »

Just had a quick peep and there's deffo planned civils work taking place in Broadstairs, as part of the FTTP 'Fibre Cities' programme.  :)

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2020, 07:58:27 PM »

Thanks BS, there certainly is and it seems to be gathering speed, or at least visibility, you may even get me back from the dark side one day  ;)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2020, 08:30:08 PM »

Thanks BS, there certainly is and it seems to be gathering speed, or at least visibility, you may even get me back from the dark side one day  ;)

Ha ha ....  :fingers:  ;D

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2020, 09:29:56 PM »

Just had a quick peep and there's deffo planned civils work taking place in Broadstairs, as part of the FTTP 'Fibre Cities' programme.  :)

Seeing anything for Intake exchange in Sheffield?  ;)  Its killing me not being able to go out and snoop around.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21

anything