Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21

Author Topic: Fibre First rollout Ramsgate and Broadstairs  (Read 36557 times)

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Fibre First rollout Ramsgate and Broadstairs
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2020, 03:37:26 PM »

Sorry, thought we all used that to see progress!!  ;)

I usually do when the brain is engaged  ;)
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Wera

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2020, 07:42:20 AM »

It looks like Nethercourt is getting plenty of attention next week. I just hope they dont do what they did with Cabinet 21 in Cliffsend and leave that till the very end. Mind you with the amount of workers they have it wouldn't take the long for such a small area hopefully.

SlimJ

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2020, 11:42:49 AM »

Andrew has updated the FTTP map for Ramsgate area today. See here: https://labs.thinkbroadband.com/local/index.php?tab=2&election=1#6/51.414/-0.641/geafttp/

Some Roadworks appeared for Cliffsend, doesn't look like this area will be completed until the new year based on the dates noted.

Also noted that Deal (which is on the Rural list) is now seeing progress, which is good to see.  Keeping an eye on Sandwich and Eastry area also (it's on my regular cycle route...) as these are on the Rural list, but there's no activity to note as yet.  Some of the more rural villages north of Ash (Cop Street) appear to be due to get FTTP soon (not on the list but this area doesn't appear to have an FTTC cabinet so assume they are on ADSL still :D ).
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 11:46:06 AM by SlimJ »

Wera

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2020, 12:08:30 PM »

That's disappointing, though not unexpected as they seemed to leave the FTC cab at the Viking ship till last when they were running that in. I can see they have one active FTTP in Cliffsend so far, but this must be the new build in former the asparagus field. It does seem like the connections become available pretty quickly once they complete the work though.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2020, 12:41:19 PM »

We are still seeing sporadic work in Broadstairs checking ducts etc but I guess we will be a long way back in the schedule. When they first rolled out ADSL etc here Broadstairs was one of the first parts done, shame it's not the same for FTTP. I've only seen one Virgin connection in our road even now.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2020, 03:48:25 PM »

Looks like my area of Broadstairs is lagging behind, there's some road works scheduled for October.

Good news about Sandwich, our VDSL is rather poor at work, we get about 40/6 Mbps, so hopefully our estate will be done.

PS The new builds in Cliffsend is the ones by the underpass, one of my colleagues has just moved in there, took the lowest FTTP package BT do I believe.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 03:51:44 PM by Ronski »

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2020, 08:27:26 PM »

That's disappointing, though not unexpected as they seemed to leave the FTC cab at the Viking ship till last when they were running that in. I can see they have one active FTTP in Cliffsend so far, but this must be the new build in former the asparagus field. It does seem like the connections become available pretty quickly once they complete the work though.

Cliffsend has multiple road works related to FTTP installation scheduled for the end of January

Wera

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2020, 09:07:52 AM »

A bit of a wait, but it does look hopeful that I can finally get away the aluminium cable I have now. Plus my 4G contract with 3 ends not long after so I can get rid of that as well  ;D

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2020, 08:40:12 PM »

Keeping an eye on Sandwich and Eastry area also (it's on my regular cycle route...) as these are on the Rural list, but there's no activity to note as yet.

Checked my works address on the Sandwich Industrial Estate today, and got this  :fingers:

Faster and more reliable fibre is coming to your area soon. Full Fibre is our fastest technology, but your exact speed will depend on which broadband provider and package you choose. Sign up for news and updates.

We only get 40/6Mbps and our line is starting to struggle with the number of users, so FTTP will be ordered as soon as it's live.

SlimJ

« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2020, 10:52:25 AM »

Yeah, Sandwich is on the Rural list of FTTP locations (along with Eastry & Worth - and Woodnesborough says 'FTTP Coming Soon' although not on the list).  Assume this will cover Sandwich Bay area also as that appears to be 'sub-superfast'. Wondering how many 'teams' Openreach have in the local area, so it may not have work start until Deal is completed (would imagine work won't be completed in all these locations by March 2021 though!)

Would like to see a few more village locations added to the list soon, including my own from the Minster (Ramsgate) exchange! :)  Working from home really highlights the need for more than a 1Mbit upload!!

Wera

« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2020, 03:06:54 PM »

They scheduled some work up at the Lord of the Manor for October originally, but they have pushed that forward to this week. I suspect the issue with the other side of the village is all the work Southern Water are doing on the Sandwich Road (don't get me started on that!) This isn't scheduled to complete until November so I expect they are waiting till that's done. I note also that Acol might get fttp pretty soon as they have some cabling going on at the top of Acol Hill this week.

SlimJ

« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2020, 10:27:38 PM »

I note also that Acol might get fttp pretty soon as they have some cabling going on at the top of Acol Hill this week.

Yes, this is part of a Community Fibre project.  I think it was going to cost around £100k but they had enough people sign up for grants to cover the entire cost.  Estimated to go live early next year.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2020, 05:27:46 AM »

Andrew has updated the FTTP map for Ramsgate area today. See here: https://labs.thinkbroadband.com/local/index.php?tab=2&election=1#6/51.414/-0.641/geafttp/

That map is curious as its showing FTTP in a few areas on my exchange but I'm unable to confirm that anywhere else.  One of the areas BT don't even have that estate listed on their broadband checker as its too new.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2020, 07:49:55 AM »

Yeah, Sandwich is on the Rural list of FTTP locations (along with Eastry & Worth - and Woodnesborough says 'FTTP Coming Soon' although not on the list).  Assume this will cover Sandwich Bay area also as that appears to be 'sub-superfast'. Wondering how many 'teams' Openreach have in the local area, so it may not have work start until Deal is completed (would imagine work won't be completed in all these locations by March 2021 though!)

Would like to see a few more village locations added to the list soon, including my own from the Minster (Ramsgate) exchange! :)  Working from home really highlights the need for more than a 1Mbit upload!!

I noticed an announcement on ISP Review this morning saying another 251 places added, so took a look at the map, the whole of Deal through to Sandwich is included now. Also Canterbury, Faversham, Whistable and Herne Bay. The attached map can be found via this link https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/fibre-first

SlimJ

« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2020, 12:19:06 PM »

Yeah noticed that, all areas are pretty much showing as 'Build in Progress', I wonder if this is true or not/just an error? Whitstable and Herne Bay already appear to have a little FTTP rolled out.

Exciting times watching more and more FTTP locations being built. Certainly feels that the roll out speed is really starting to ramp up just recently.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21