Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: Fibre First rollout Ramsgate and Broadstairs  (Read 21846 times)

j0hn

• Kitizen
Re: Fibre First rollout Ramsgate and Broadstairs
« Reply #285 on: September 07, 2021, 04:03:03 PM »

His FTTP (the person in that thread) was rolled out in 2017 or even earlier.
Edit: 2018 or earlier.
This example was 2017

There's a very large number of properties who show only 330 available that aren't connected to ECI hardware.
Usually it's just a database error. The same type of database error that's showing 1000Mb to some on ECI hardware.
Sometimes it's a backhaul/cablelink issue restricting speeds.

All OpenReach FTTP deployed in the last couple years will be on Huawei or Nokia OLT's (or even ADTRAN).

The only people who are unlucky enough to sign up to FTTP and end up stuck on ECI hardware are those on older FTTP rollouts.

Nobody who's waiting on an FTTP rollout should be worried about ECI limitations, fortunately.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 04:09:14 PM by j0hn »
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #286 on: September 07, 2021, 07:16:25 PM »

Thanks John, that's good to know. Hopefully one day it will be rolled out to our estate  :fingers:
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #287 on: October 26, 2021, 10:11:42 AM »

Here's a funny thing,  TT have told my brother he's going to receive 75 compensation for his delayed install. The only reason it was delayed was because my brother wanted it installed in a certain way that the first sub contractor wouldn't do.

He's not claimed for this, not complained or anything, it's just come out of blue.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #288 on: October 26, 2021, 04:01:20 PM »

Well I've just com off the phone with TT Fibre Sales line and they are saying I cannot have a second contract to my premises to supply FTTP, it's a management decision and a flat no. So I have to go with another ISP to get FTTP if I want to keep my phone number. She did suggest that I re-contract with TT and in a couple of months or so they will be announcing FTTP with VOIP and I could move to that without any fee to leave my new contract, just upgrade. However there is no guarantee what she says is correct and no guarantee they would migrate my existing phone number to their VOIP.

I think their management has made a bad decision as they are forcing existing customers away from their service..

Stuart
ISP:TalkTalk Connection:FTTC Cab:ECI Router:Zyxel VMG3925

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 3x7km lines; Firebrick; IPv6
« Reply #289 on: October 26, 2021, 04:24:27 PM »

Andrews and Arnold could perhaps port your phone number to VoIP ?

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #290 on: October 26, 2021, 04:29:57 PM »

Andrews and Arnold could perhaps port your phone number to VoIP ?

Any VOIP service could do that but as soon as they do that it terminates my fttc connection!

Stuart

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #291 on: October 26, 2021, 04:35:06 PM »

You cannot have a second contract with the same account email address. I've already mentioned that in previous threads. Their system doesn't allow it.

There's nothing stopping you ordering FTTP data only from Talktalk as a new customer though, even in the exact same name.
Just don't mention you have an existing service when ordering and use a different email address for setting up "My Account".
There's numerous users on the Talktalk forums who have done this.

Their ordering system for FTTP is very new and by default Talktalk attempt a migration of any broadband service at the property.

So anyone who has an existing FTTC or FTTP service (from any provider) who orders Talktalk FTTP will have Talktalk attempt to migrate/take over that broadband service. You need to call Talktalk back up and ask them to manually put the order through as a new provide rather than a migration.

Hopefully they iron out the ordering process soon to allow new provides and services on a multi port ONT.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #292 on: October 26, 2021, 04:46:51 PM »

The person I spoke with flatly refused to do this.

Stuart

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #293 on: October 26, 2021, 07:21:08 PM »

Any VOIP service could do that but as soon as they do that it terminates my fttc connection!

Stuart

Not sure what your 4G reception is like, but you could pick up a cheap 4G modem, get a monthly SIM and use that in the interim period after transferring your landline number to VOIP. Then take out a new FTTP contract with TT and you now have your original phone number seperated from TT.

Once FTTP is up and running sell the 4G modem and cancel the 4G SIM.

My daughter and her house mates did this recently when they found the broadband suddenly cut off (account was in a previous tenants name) and couldn't get a new connection for some weeks.

The person I spoke with flatly refused to do this.

Stuart

Its called playing the system, you're not meant to tell them  ;)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #294 on: October 26, 2021, 07:25:39 PM »

Its called playing the system, you're not meant to tell them  ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Alex Atkin UK

• Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #295 on: October 26, 2021, 08:37:51 PM »

Similar to how I have BT Basic but then got a second line from Plusnet, not "technically" something you're supposed to do as BT Basic is meant for people who can barely afford a landline.

I still remember also how I transferred the landline into MY name.  Very naughty of them as while I live at the same address, it was in my mums name and they never checked I had her permission.
INTAKE (ECI) 2xHome Hub 5A (OpenWRT) on Zen & Plusnet, 1xHauwei H122-373 on Three 5G Router: pfSense (i5-7200U) WiFi: nanoHD (OpenWRT) + Honor Router 3
My Broadband History & Ping Quality Monitors
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

anything