Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21

Author Topic: Fibre First rollout Ramsgate and Broadstairs  (Read 36568 times)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Fibre First rollout Ramsgate and Broadstairs
« Reply #225 on: May 23, 2021, 03:10:16 PM »

Hi

Alas, there isn't the required information on the A1024 label to be able to investigate what it is for. Sometimes the info will be written on the back of the ticket, to protect it from the elements causing the info to fade.

Basically the A1024 process is to highlight plant issues such as defects (missing pole-steps etc) to low wires across a carriageway. There are many, many things an A1024 can be input for.

What I can say though, is that Ramsgate DP531 isn't listed as being a D-Pole though and therefore not down to be changed. It was last tested in October 2016 and passed. All I've got, I'm afraid.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #226 on: May 23, 2021, 05:39:40 PM »

Many thanks BS, he's in no hurry and gets a decent VDSL connection, so he'll just have to wait.

Wish they'd hurry up with mine though, although I'm in contract until next April with Virgin, seem to be suffering congestion fairly often now, couldn't load web pages just now.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #227 on: May 28, 2021, 11:24:59 PM »

@Black Sheep any idea what's up with this pole please? It's serves my brother, and its the only one in his road without a CBT.

Funnily enough the engineers fitted the CBT to my brothers pole yesterday, they said it should be commissioned within a couple of weeks.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #228 on: May 29, 2021, 01:08:32 PM »

Funnily enough the engineers fitted the CBT to my brothers pole yesterday, they said it should be commissioned within a couple of weeks.

Great stuff - as I mentioned, it hasn't been declared a 'D' Pole (Dangerous), so the A1024 that's attached could be for absolutely anything at all that requires an uplift on the pole, and its associated furniture. In other words - minor work not halting the build.

:)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #229 on: May 31, 2021, 11:14:31 AM »

Some contractors are now fitting the CBT to the slave pole opposite our pole so I assume one will go up top of our pole as well. Looks very hopeful that I will have a choice later in the year when my contract expires. Luckily there are no large vehicles coming up Crow Hill today, just loads looking for a parking space, as the cable is currently dangling over the road!

Stuart

Update: Yes he is up our pole and got the cable across OK, now fitting the CBT to our pole as well.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 11:19:31 AM by broadstairs »
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #230 on: May 31, 2021, 11:30:54 AM »

That's good news Stuart.

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #231 on: May 31, 2021, 09:38:31 PM »

Update: Yes he is up our pole and got the cable across OK, now fitting the CBT to our pole as well.
That's good news  :)
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #232 on: June 04, 2021, 11:13:19 AM »

Well the contractors are back up our poles again today, looks to me like they are testing the CBTs which were installed the other day.

As an aside I found out how the other new build is being connected, when I spoke with the builder apparently it is being connected via the BTOR ducts in Crow Hill round to Linden Avenue and not via a new duct under the new build plots!

Stuart
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 11:16:57 AM by broadstairs »

kjw

« Reply #233 on: June 04, 2021, 11:52:54 AM »

Well the contractors are back up our poles again today, looks to me like they are testing the CBTs which were installed the other day.

Not long left to go then hopefully! :)
ZEN 900/100 via pfSense | Unifi AC-HD WiFi
Speed Test | BQM Graph

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #234 on: June 04, 2021, 01:17:06 PM »

As an aside I found out how the other new build is being connected, when I spoke with the builder apparently it is being connected via the BTOR ducts in Crow Hill round to Linden Avenue and not via a new duct under the new build plots!

Stuart

Wouldn't be surprised if the builders built it wrong in the first place.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #235 on: June 04, 2021, 04:50:34 PM »

Stuart

Wouldn't be surprised if the builders built it wrong in the first place.

At least it will be connected via ducting in a public space. So no wayleave, etc, will be required.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #236 on: June 04, 2021, 07:06:18 PM »

These are technically new builds, all built by the same builder/owner so I doubt way-leaves were required, even if they was then the builder/owner would have dealt with it.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #237 on: June 19, 2021, 10:55:05 AM »

Just been on the address checker and it now shows WBC FTTP as available. It says 1 Stage under FTTP Install Process - what does that mean?

Stuart

craigv

« Reply #238 on: June 19, 2021, 11:17:57 AM »

Just been on the address checker and it now shows WBC FTTP as available. It says 1 Stage under FTTP Install Process - what does that mean?

Stuart

Pretty sure that should mean you can order FTTP now :) though I think it may take a few days to show up for ISPs?

burakkucat described the stage 1 / 2 install's over on another post -

There are two types of installations, a one stage and a two stage.

With a one stage installation everything is done on that day, both interior and exterior work.

With a two stage installation, the interior and exterior works are performed on separate days. The final act would be to perform a fusion slice of the interior and exterior fibres, which would then be stowed in a customer splice point (CSP). There are both interior and exterior CSPs available.

C
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 11:31:57 AM by craigv »
RedHotAnt Unlimited 56k -> NTL 750kbit cable -> Virgin Size 4mbit cable -> Sky 5mbit ADSL -> Zen Internet 25mbit VDSL ->  Zen Internet 900mbit FTTP

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #239 on: June 19, 2021, 11:47:39 AM »

Well the TT checker does show it is available for most houses in my post code but my house number does not show up, ones either side of mine are there but not mine  :no: I am assuming it is because I am currently in contract with TT but if that is the case it is short sighted of them because it wold encourage me to look elsewhere for full fibre, not good PR if that is the case.

Next issue is how do I keep my existing phone number as they are selling data only? Can I port it somehow in advance to a phone only service or do I move to an ISP who does both VDSL with Phone and then upgrade?  What options are there?

My wife insists on a real house phone and keeping the number because there are so many places to change it it becomes a real issue.

Stuart
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21