Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Zyxel 1312-B10A always re-sync's at approx half speed  (Read 1180 times)

IBeAdam

Zyxel 1312-B10A always re-sync's at approx half speed
« on: February 16, 2020, 10:22:46 AM »

VMG1312-B10A running firmware V1.00(AAJZ.17)C0.

Whenever the internet goes down (daily) the Zyxel always re-connects at around half speed, until I reboot the device.

For example:
  • VDSL link up. Speed:RX:28761/TX:3318 (Kbps)
  • Internet Down.
  • VDSL link up. Speed:RX:15854/TX:3253 (Kbps)

This is typical and seems to happen every time.

If I try an "adsl connection --up" it re-sync's at the same (low) speed. It has to be a reboot.

Previously, with the BT HG612 or Billion NL8800 this does not happen. I still get the drops (which is an issue I'm progressing via my ISP) but on re-sync I get my usual speed.

Has anyone had this problem, or can anyone give any advice on how to fix it?

ejs

• Kitizen
Re: Zyxel 1312-B10A always re-sync's at approx half speed
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 10:41:52 AM »

I think it's some bug with the modem driver and vectoring. I think someone made some custom firmware for certain Zyxel models containing a updated modem driver which was supposed to fix it. The much simpler solution would be to use one of the other devices which, as you've already discovered, don't suffer from the same problem.

IBeAdam

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 02:56:19 PM »

I think it's some bug with the modem driver and vectoring. I think someone made some custom firmware for certain Zyxel models containing a updated modem driver which was supposed to fix it. The much simpler solution would be to use one of the other devices which, as you've already discovered, don't suffer from the same problem.
Ah, that's very useful info thanks. I've seen customer firmware, so will give that a go.

I could switch back to one of the others, but the Zyxel gets the fastest sync speed - and I can use every mbps I get!

johnson

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 07:03:04 PM »

Do let us know if the x6 firmware fixes your issue, it certainly did with my vectored line.

Others with vectoring and slightly different issues have had success with even older DSL code. For example the Billion does not exhibit the half speed issue as it uses a much older dsl driver and adsl_phy.bin.

IBeAdam

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 07:55:11 AM »

Line went down overnight (see, I said it wouldn't be long!) and it came back up at full speed for the first time. Brilliant.

johnson

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 08:15:05 AM »

Excellent news!