Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: erratic latencey  (Read 6068 times)

Re: erratic latencey
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 09:04:39 AM »

Get your name on that list Rizla - see the link above.

I think not :) I've been on fastpath and I've been on interleaved and I prefer interleaved ta. Frankly I don't see how fastpath and SRA can coexist happily and my line varies from 19-20Mbps (usually varies by 500kbps daily) so I'll stick with what I have.

Anyway I played FPS for years and I know that 16ms extra latency is undetectable by any human being ;)

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 09:12:57 AM »

Damn thats want I want  :clap: with those resultsit dosent matter about interleaving :P Are you near to Rackage (manchester ) Im way dwn south

I'm in Leicester but as the trace shows, the traffic goes via LINX (London INternet eXchange) to peer with Entanet to get to Rackage.

I have to say that a quick google shows that complaints about Rackage latency aren't unheard of so their connectivity/bandwith (or the lack of) might be the real issue here.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 08:50:11 PM »

>> I've been on fastpath and I've been on interleaved and I prefer interleaved ta

Ahh fairy snuff. 
One of those line dependant things - as you know my own performs better with Interleaving off.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

BlGD

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 02:13:13 AM »

UPDATE

Ok got a call form orange today and its a definite "NO" to disableing interleaving :(

Also asked if they would put me back on IP stream as it was ok before ADSL2, but as I am not having trouble connecting its a "NO" to that as well :(

Asked for options and the reply was "none left" .

They said that the connection to the exchange side is fine but from their equiptment to my house it slows down (less than 500yrds remember ).

Must be their stuff cant be changed end of :(

So how on earth will I know which isp has good equiptment. Do I go for a ip stream and hope they dont upgrade or will uko stuff be better quality , what a lottery if its true what they told me  :'(

Hope this makes sence late night out  :drink: ;D
Pages: 1 [2]

anything