Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Switch over from PN to Zen issue  (Read 12504 times)

N0STIE

• Reg Member
Re: Switch over from PN to Zen issue
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2020, 08:51:27 PM »

So you got interleaved while on PN?!

1-2 days before the actual migration to Zen I plugged in their supplied Fritzbox 7530 and after not even 24hrs have passed it resynced (still being with PN) and I found out it reported 8ms of delay and my latency doubled to 18ms. I kept this router till the migration that happened on 12th febraury at 5am in the morning. Then I found out it is still reporting 8ms of delay so I immediately switched to D7000 and still got same latency. No resync since I switched back to D7000. So I got a reason to think my line is still interleaved right?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 08:55:59 PM by N0STIE »

mofa2020

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2020, 09:00:01 PM »

From the ping yes it is interleaved, did you use the Fritzbox 7530 and the line was on fastpath before this time? also are you on ECI or Huawei cabinet?

N0STIE

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2020, 09:20:24 PM »

From the ping yes it is interleaved, did you use the Fritzbox 7530 and the line was on fastpath before this time? also are you on ECI or Huawei cabinet?

To clarify - I was on fast path for 12 months with PN and never been interleaved. First time it happened when I plugged in fritzbox.

When I first time plugged in Fritzbox 7530 while still being with PN I was on fast path for less than 24hrs (or maybe not?) Now I confused myself not 100% sure if it reported 8ms delay as soon as I plugged in fritzbox or if I was on fast path for less than 24hrs and it resynced adding 8ms delay. Kill me but I won't tell you now so confused lol  :no:
But one thing I am sure of - fritzbox definitely triggered interleaving to be switched on.

And I am on ECI, ~250m distance to cabinet

I am attaching stats from my D7000 v2. As you can see DSL uptime is 1 day 15 hrs and that is since 12 February around 6am. The migration to Zen happened at around 5:30am. Ok so I immediately switched to D7000 as soon as I noticed there is still 8ms delay after migration.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 09:40:46 PM by N0STIE »

mofa2020

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2020, 09:41:28 PM »

So that is the reason it interleaved now, since you are on ECI it means no G.INP for your line and probably the current interleaving will be changed by using the D7000 but DLM will need sometime to change it just leave the router on and do not try any resync.

I know it is hard to do without stats unless things go as you wish, but nothing goes perfectly..

N0STIE

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2020, 09:48:22 PM »

Thanks for the kind words.

I hope it really is interleaving that will eventually go off and not Zen's terrible routing from north west.

mofa2020

• Reg Member
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2020, 09:58:58 PM »

I hope it really is interleaving that will eventually go off and not Zen's terrible routing from north west.

I read things about ZEN routing here but at least when the interleave is gone things will get better.

And you are most welcome  ;)

mrk26

• Reg Member
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2020, 10:02:13 PM »

This is actually interesting with changing modem. Last Saturday i switch my old unlocked eci modem for DrayTek vigor2760 as vigor got better specs than eci I though will be a small step forward. However Sunday morning checked stats booth (downstream and upstream) on interleave where last three months I was on fastpatch constantly, line approx 230 mts from cabinet (eci). I didn't have burst of errors, nothing, just swapped modem. Most strange for me thing is that, booth draytek and bt eci modem are with lantiq chipset, where in past I switched modems with different chipsets and never loose fastpatch. Does something changed with eci cabinet?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 10:04:28 PM by mrk26 »

mofa2020

• Reg Member
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2020, 10:22:02 PM »

Is the vigor2760 firmware up to date?

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2020, 10:34:30 PM »

Changing ISP will cause the default for ECI interleaved to be applied by the DLM. If the line is stable it will revert to fast path. Nothing to do with modems or routers. Let it be and wait and see. Resyncing will just delay or even prevent the line returning to fast path.
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

N0STIE

• Reg Member
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2020, 11:00:29 PM »

Changing ISP will cause the default for ECI interleaved to be applied by the DLM. If the line is stable it will revert to fast path. Nothing to do with modems or routers. Let it be and wait and see. Resyncing will just delay or even prevent the line returning to fast path.

That is interesting how my line got interleaved just by switching routers and that was before the ISP switch

tommy45

• Reg Member
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2020, 12:26:36 AM »

Your current line technology is WBMC.

What does that mean? If I was on GEA, would I achieve better latency/routing?
Your using BT Wholesale for backhaul , mine is BTW too, Zen did migrate my circuit a few years ago,to their GEA and latency increased to lots of sites everything got routed via londonstahn  not Manchester, until recently they used to peer transatlantic destinations from Manchester direct, but they now go to London 1st adding around 7ms, the main issue was that the single threaded DS throughput was less and 50% of the multi thread, Zen were unable to resolve it, so migrated my circuit back to WBMC, theoretically due to there being no BT Bras IP profile on GEA you should see a small increase in downstream throughput than if you were on WBMC, Strange why you are routed via london on WBMC

N0STIE

• Reg Member
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2020, 01:48:36 AM »

So latency is lower on WBMC or GEA as I am confused now? They said I am routed via London? What does it exactly mean? I am in North west

mrk26

• Reg Member
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2020, 05:34:07 AM »

Is the vigor2760 firmware up to date?
Yes, latest available bt fw.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2020, 07:44:02 AM »

So latency is lower on WBMC or GEA as I am confused now? They said I am routed via London? What does it exactly mean? I am in North west

Ignore the routing. Others are confusing the issue and that's not helping.

You said yourself this happened before your switch to Zen.
Zens backhaul or routing didn't add 8ms to your line while you were still with Plusnet.
Interleaving did.

The line would have gone to Interleaving the day you switched anyway. That's the default.

Just wait. There's nothing Zen can do. They can't modify the DLM profile.

Changing backhaul will still leave you interleaved. It will actually start the clock again on it being removed.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

mofa2020

• Reg Member
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2020, 08:41:19 AM »

This is actually interesting with changing modem. Last Saturday i switch my old unlocked eci modem for DrayTek vigor2760 as vigor got better specs than eci I though will be a small step forward. However Sunday morning checked stats booth (downstream and upstream) on interleave where last three months I was on fastpatch constantly, line approx 230 mts from cabinet (eci). I didn't have burst of errors, nothing, just swapped modem. Most strange for me thing is that, booth draytek and bt eci modem are with lantiq chipset, where in past I switched modems with different chipsets and never loose fastpatch. Does something changed with eci cabinet?

Well if the vigor2760 is not giving errors and the line is stable I believe it is a matter of time for DLM to switch back to fastpath because there will be no reason to keep interleave.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

anything