Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: re-evaluation of modems on my line - HG612 8800NL D6220 and VMG1312-B10A  (Read 2882 times)

les-70

• Kitizen
Re: re-evaluation of modems on my line - HG612 8800NL D6220 and VMG1312-B10A
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2020, 04:34:20 PM »

The "39x6" firmware has been run for one day.  It had slightly lower errors inspite of a slight increase in downstream speed c.f. 3 days with "39v".  This is promising but one day is is not enough to be sure of the small changes involved and I have started on a longer comparison of a few days with each firmware repeated a few times.  This is no trouble to do but will of of course take a few weeks.

johnson

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2020, 12:54:33 AM »

@johnson - I've installed the 17jumbo-tel-stats-cmd and the webserver stats tab after 21 hours gives me no info, am I missing something or something is also wrong here ?

The only tabs where I'can see info are: SNRM / FEC / CRC

And the jumbo frames don't work from me as the max packet size without fragmentation is 1464 and not 1472 as expected...  :'(

My ISP is Zen.

Could you click the save button on the stats server and upload the resulting zip? If the SNRM FEC and CRC tabs are updating it is correcting storing information over time, but it sounds like the parsing of instantaneous info i.e. current SNR graph, and the stats that populate the overview tab is not working properly, probably a simply a new line that I have not accounted for as its not present in my xdslctl info --stats output.

As for the jumbo frames issues, I see from another thread you are using the modem in bridge mode and have the router set to 1500, could I ask that you try setting the MTU to 1508 on the external router and try again?

Also I notice you are on Zen, but dont mention the back haul, the SS has Sky_VDSL in it... I'm a little confused, but just wanted to make sure what ever provider you are using is indeed PPPoE.

hushcoden

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2020, 08:14:05 PM »

Could you click the save button on the stats server and upload the resulting zip? If the SNRM FEC and CRC tabs are updating it is correcting storing information over time, but it sounds like the parsing of instantaneous info i.e. current SNR graph, and the stats that populate the overview tab is not working properly, probably a simply a new line that I have not accounted for as its not present in my xdslctl info --stats output.
Sure, too big to attach it: https://mega.nz/#!vYQECSBD!_W1tko4U8Q-MQlsqp1J8-NCc_C5AJvS3VlW3GA2k4Oc

As for the jumbo frames issues, I see from another thread you are using the modem in bridge mode and have the router set to 1500, could I ask that you try setting the MTU to 1508 on the external router and try again?
Will try and give you feedback

Also I notice you are on Zen, but dont mention the back haul, the SS has Sky_VDSL in it... I'm a little confused, but just wanted to make sure what ever provider you are using is indeed PPPoE.
Oh simply because I moved to Zen from Sky and I did name the connection that way at that time

johnson

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2020, 06:59:54 PM »

Sure, too big to attach it: https://mega.nz/#!vYQECSBD!_W1tko4U8Q-MQlsqp1J8-NCc_C5AJvS3VlW3GA2k4Oc
Will try and give you feedback
Oh simply because I moved to Zen from Sky and I did name the connection that way at that time

This release should fix the javascript to parse your stats correctly:
https://github.com/johnson442/custom-zyxel-firmware/releases/tag/v1.1

Tested on a real device to have correct features, but as always, flashing at your own risk.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything