Computers & Hardware > Other Technologies & Hardware

compatible ink cartridges

(1/3) > >>

grumpy old man:
I have a canon pixma MG4250.  Recently I purchased compatible ink cartridges, I have always used canon cartridges previously.  The compatible cartridges are not being recognized by printer. 

Having done some research I have tried resetting printer but with no success.  One suggestion involved removing cartridge, unplugging printer for a period, then inserting cartridge before switching on.  Don't know how you do this as the holder is not in right position to do this when printer is switched off.

However any suggestions as to how I may overcome this compatibility problem, would be welcome

gom

licquorice:
Sorry, can't help with getting the printer to recognise the cartridges but I have a Canon Pixma MG7550 and use inks from The Cartridge shop https://www.cartridgeshop.co.uk/ which work just fine and are about a quarter of the price of genuine Canon ink.

grumpy old man:
Thanks for your reply.  I will give them a try.

gom

renluop:
Another to try is www.stinkyinkshop.co.uk

petef:
I have run my Canon MP610 on genuine inks for many years now though that is not the point I am making.

If you stick to the manufacturer's certified consumables then you are guaranteed to get what you pay for.

Compatible cartridges are a different kettle of fish. I am sure that there are producers out there who provide quality ink and conforming chips. However I feel unable to distinguish those suppliers from those from anyone peddling sub-standard products. Good compatibles may be available but do not lump all of them together.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version