Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Lightning Storm (Early Feb 2020) - More Equipment Damaged  (Read 5923 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Re: Lightning Storm (Early Feb 2020) - More Equipment Damaged
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2020, 10:02:37 AM »

I sent BT an email, to the email address which my fellow kitizen provided me earlier. And amazingly I got a response asking me for my details, so that good. I should avoid the temptation of being totally unrealistically optimistic here; I warned them not to misunderstand and that I was not a BT telephone or BT ISP customer but only an indirect end user via AA as their customer / CP, and then via their use of BTW and BTOR. Gave them all my details and said if it would be useful I would give AA permission to talk to BT about me.

I just emailed AA to ask them if they would talk to OR about me; I realise that it’s a big favour to ask and they might well not wish to get involved so I’ll understand if they don’t wish to get involved and still continue to love them deeply anyway.

There’s the number of callouts for OR; my downtime and continuing vigilance on alert for ten days; my equipment loss and risks to the whole village; my 4G bills; and the cost to AA in terms of huge amounts of support time.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 03:01:02 PM by Weaver »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]