Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BTw wrong database  (Read 1279 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
BTw wrong database
« on: January 24, 2020, 05:58:36 PM »

My good friend are upset and his G.fast installation was cancelled by BT order because his line only support 1Mbp. (just 1Mbp) as all houses by him got estimate for ADSL up to 8Mbps, ADSL2+ up to 21Mbps, VDSL up to 80Mbps & G.Fast up to 330Mbps in address checked and his telephone number checked. His pcp and fibre cabinet are within 25 to 50m just a few second walk. It's seem BT Group not making any sense at all, I told him to get back to BT and it their job to put up with BTw database.

BT told him that he need to raise this with with BTw database as it was incorrect data. But how on earth can he contact BTw?

« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 06:04:14 PM by adslmax »

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: BTw wrong database
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 05:59:47 PM »

adslmax

• Kitizen

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 06:27:26 PM »

That looks like a brand new phone number whose details haven't populated properly yet.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 07:32:40 PM »

^This.
I was just about to ask if that was a new phone line with a new number.

I've seen similar happen a few times before whereby the phone no has just been issued. 
It can occur when the number has been reissued and the checker still contains old data based on the location of the address where the phone no had previously been used.   It can take a while for the data to be updated. 

The ISP response is bad - in all the other cases I've seen, the SP has chased up with BTw.  Although it may delay the process, usually it is resolved within a few weeks at most.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 07:46:21 PM »

He just say yes it a brand new phone but BT won't offer him G.fast 330/50 as computer say no. He got a large family of five. He had enough with virgin media after 30 years!

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 07:59:27 PM »

He needs to get back in touch with BT making sure that they know it is a new phone number and that the checker is showing old information based on where the number previously was issued to.       
It's up to the ISP to chase and manually resubmit the order.    As mentioned, I've seen Plusnet having to do this several times in the past... so no idea why BT can't.   It probably needs to be escalated further up the chain rather than be dealt with by their 1st line script monkey who doesn't understand what has obviously happened. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2020, 04:14:02 PM »

He just got back from BT as the database are now updated with max speed 330/50 with Ultrafast 250 with BT as the order went through successful. He should go live from on and around 5th of February.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2020, 12:00:49 AM »

My mate must be very lucky one as he would easily getting over 330/50 for his G.fast service with ultrafast 250 with BT. Cos his green cabinet are within 25-50m away just a few seconds walk from it.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2020, 12:26:19 AM »

Once it has been installed, perhaps you will gather some statistics for us to see, please?
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2020, 12:28:50 AM »

Will do, I will ask him for these stats, but will he get his stats from BT router Hub? Updated on his G.fast go live on Saturday Feb 15th not 5th. My mistake as I didn't listen properly.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 12:32:08 AM by adslmax »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2020, 12:33:39 AM »

. . . will he get his stats from BT router Hub?

Ah, I hadn't thought about that. I'm sure some will be available (he will probably need to left-click on "support" or something similar) but nothing as comprehensive as those that you are able to obtain.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2020, 12:40:28 AM »

Maybe he can borrow my Zytel G.fast modem router (only for 1 hour then back to me lol)  :) I must remember to turn off his BT Hub for at least 30 minutes before try my router then again turn off for another 30 minutes before put his BT Hub one back in without affect his DLM trigger. As I love to see his stats compared to mine and other users here.