Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: FTTP ISP - 330Mb, static IPv4, IPv6 required  (Read 10138 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Re: FTTP ISP - 330Mb, static IPv4, IPv6 required
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2019, 08:52:42 PM »

Quite so, as psychopomp says. If something works then it works and so it will be full speed if not oversold.

About the niche ISP thing; I need a huge amount of support all the time. Also I use all the many many features and other services AA offer. Now I use their failover to 3G, multi-line bonding, 4G data SIM, separate / independent email services, DNS definition, DNS servers to host yiur domain, DNS registration, VoIP and telephony, continuous quality monitoring. Some of those can not be found anywhere else, or nearly so. The combination can it be found anywhere else. I used Zen on another line at the time of starting up with AA; AA won, on features, otherwise Zen was great but it didn’t have the goodies I want or need. Those were my reasons for going the way I did. About two years ago I moved my email and DNS hosting for various domains to AA. I want a small business-friendly ISP because although I use the internet for recreation, I use it to summon help is its a critical service fir me; also my wife runs a business and needs to get work done and a service that never breaks under any circumstances (3G and all dsl lines simultaneously go down - which could happen. [note to self: need to get a decent generator with key start, for my wife’s bad hands])
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 09:02:20 PM by Weaver »

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2020, 11:42:01 AM »

I'll be doing monitoring and other things myself so A&A would be excessive. I don't really need most or want most of the features that A&A offer  :)

The tech I work in is very much focused on using multiple cheaper services to produce a reliable, performant one so it's all good.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2020, 12:38:08 PM »

Indeed. Understood. It was just an insight into my own, very different, motivation.

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2020, 09:36:52 PM »

This has all been sorted and plans made for bringing it all home and distributing within property.

As long as I don't mess up the switch configuration all will be well at minimal cost with minimal work.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]