Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: UPS battery replacement  (Read 6360 times)

tiffy

• Kitizen
Re: UPS battery replacement
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2024, 01:59:10 PM »

Old post I know but still relevant to my current input and not worth starting a new thread:
Just replaced my UPS battery again, not bad service I suppose, close to 4 years for a lead acid cell.
Tried to revive the disconnected battery with a smart charger, did manage to get the voltage back up to normal but collapsed again with minimal loading, end of life.

Got what I thought to be a battery replacement good deal from "Duracell Direct", competitive price with free courier next day delivery by DHL, by no means normal to my off-shore location, courier delivery usually heavily loaded to N.I.
Battery life with this particular cell, very reputable make, time will tell?

UPS backup is probably more important to me now as on FTTP with a digital phone LL.
Before anyone comments, my ONT is PoE powered, Hub & digital phone also UPS fed.
No big deal I know virtually everyone having access to a mobile phone these days.

As per previous post, important to periodically test the UPS health, I only discovered this failure during a short power outage.
Vodafone FTTP 200/28, VF THG3000 Hub

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: UPS battery replacement
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2024, 08:23:05 PM »

Well this is new, I decided to replace my UPS with an identical model so I can swap the battery at my leisure rather than rushing.

Ordering the new one from Broadband Buyer I get presented with:
In line with the Consumer Law, namely ‘The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013’ you have 14 days to cancel your order.

Unfortunately, as your order contains 'special order' commercial products, we are unable to accept returns or cancellations for these goods.

Under the ICAC Regulations, you may waive your right to cancel the order, which would enable us to release your order to you.

Seems odd as I'd think these compact units with standard mains outlets on them are specifically designed for consumer use, not business.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 09:05:47 PM by Alex Atkin UK »
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors
Pages: 1 [2]