Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Poor dog  (Read 3161 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Re: Poor dog
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2020, 12:01:40 AM »

No he’s never been in any medication. Perhaps will need to start then?

I definitely think it’s time to get him looked at, but he’s not going to like it much. He always used to go in the car with the other two dogs (now both passed away  :( ) and he’s now out of the habit of car travel. He used to shake with fear and was sick at being put in with Rònán our other greyhound who was presumably the ‘alpha male’ and who, by doing absolutely nothing at all apart from invading personal space in the close confines of the dog compartment at the back of the Land Rover, managed to unwittingly intimidate Ciarán somehow. He was ok later when it was just him and Caileag in the back then. But now he hasn’t been in the car for years, so that unfamiliarity probably won’t help. And he will have to be lifted in I should think, as he won’t have the strength to jump any more.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2020, 08:32:36 PM »

Janet is going to talk to vet about Ciarán, but not take him down to the vet’s as that would be so frightening for him.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2021, 09:19:41 AM »

Had two house rabbits who lived long enough to get arthritis.  As heartbreaking as it is in the end having to put them down (as they literally got so bad they couldn't move on their own) its also a sign you loved and cared for them enough to survive to an age where natural causes kicks in.  They lived long past the average life span.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2021, 12:15:00 PM »

That’s a great idea, house rabbits. Wouldn’t work for me of course, with five killer cats, but have always been a rabbit fan.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2021, 12:32:06 PM »

We never intended it but as we learnt more about Rabbits and my mums health deteriorated, it was easier, safer and better for them emotionally to bring them indoors.

Its hard to believe now how I Rabbit proofed my room back then, as its not even human proof now, but I'm glad I had the experience.  They really bond quite deeply with you, its pretty much like having a weird shaped puppy nipping at your ankles.

Was also fascinating as I had effectively a bunk bed and the Rabbit was at floor level, but he would go to sleep when I went to sleep.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsj1eP6Xs
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors
Pages: 1 [2]

anything