Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Christmas In the Weaving Shed (2019)  (Read 1312 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Christmas In the Weaving Shed (2019)
« on: December 25, 2019, 10:20:59 PM »

Ashamed to say that I spent most of the day asleep, so very very very tired. Janet brought me some homemade chocolate truffles made by a neighbour and friend of hers. Janet had sprouts and roast potatoes for her Xmas dinner; I slept through Xmas dinner altogether and then when Janet saw I was awake an Xmas pud was administered unto me - which is my favourite thing. Donkeys got Xmas carrots and chaff and hens got lovely teatime corn when the light was going down. The five cats and dog (Ciarán) all got some chicken - some chicken left for tomorrow for me to give to the animals myself. Thomas was curled up on a high chair in the kitchen which has a blanket on it, and he remained there while chicken was administered unto him in situ, whilst the other four cats were queuing up, mugging Janet, trying to get her to give it them faster.

Ciarán spends most nights downstairs now, on the sofa. He always used to be up here in our bedroom in his dog bed every night. Last night though he spent the whole night and half the morning up here with us, snoozing in his dog bed contentedly. We don’t know for certain why he recently stopped coming upstairs at bedtime. It could very well be fear after the recent thunderstorms, as he was visibly really terrified when there was a bang at night time, poor thing, panting. He is very comfortable in his sofa downstairs although I greatly miss not seeing him if he doesn’t come up.

May you all enjoy the rest of the festivities- it has been very nice to have such a quiet day here with my beloved. Thomas is sitting on top of Janet purring his head off next to me right now.

@Kitz I do very much hope that you are in good form and feeling as well as can be expected - pain can stay away for a few days / months  / years.

Thomas has just left Janet. He headed to my bedside table to do some thieving / sniffing, found a packet that had had a tesco ‘chocolate chip muffin’. He first tried eating the paper cup to get the tiniest bit of cake from it, then tried to break into a packet to get one remaining bun out - I decided not to allow him to thieve an entire cake. His bowl is full of cat crunchies and Thomas has just realised this.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 11:09:23 PM by Weaver »

Postal

Re: Christmas In the Weaving Shed (2019)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2019, 11:36:29 PM »

found a packet that had had a tesco ‘chocolate chip muffin’.

Quite a trip to your nearest Tesco.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 12:08:33 AM »

Thank goodness Tesco Inverness does deliveries to Skye (4-5 hours driving round trip approx). Janet was thinking of going to Inverness to get her car back since it had been at the garage there having repairs, but I talked her out of it, because going to Inverness on Xmas eve would be a nightmare with crazy crowds.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 01:24:52 AM by Weaver »

Postal

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2019, 01:15:20 AM »

Thank goodness Tesco Inverness does deliveries to Skye (4-5 hours driving round trip approx). Janet was thinking of going to Inverness to get her car back since it had been at the garage there having repairs, but I talked her out if it, because going to Inverness on Xmas eve would be a nightmare with crazy crowds.

Big trek but until you've got some experience of the area you just have no conception of the great distances between population centres (or the standard of some of the "A" roads).  Suppose it is pretty much of a toss-up between Tesco Inverness and Tesco Dingwall (much like which football team to support!).

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2019, 02:39:45 AM »

I can’t face the idea of a trip to the hospital in Inverness even though Janet keeps pressuring me to go.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2019, 10:25:43 AM »

Yeah thats a fairly long drive and if you in constant pain, it would be a nightmare.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 12:47:23 PM »

It’s also the terror of sickness. I have taken a massive ton of anti-sickness drugs and they once got me there, only just, a near thing. However once I only got as far as Broadford Hospital, was fine, but got out of the Landrover and was sick in the car park and nearly collapsed but for a post which I propped myself up on. Someone came to help us and Janet put me in a wheelchair. After that I was ok. Being sick often makes you feel a million times better.

I vowed however, that I was never going to hospital again under any circumstances. Ambulance men are very capable of fixing you up and making you comfortable. They have all the good good drugs when you’re in terrible trouble. Doesn’t mean that I will have the strength of character to stick to this though.

anything