Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Openreach Huawei 4 port ONT model  (Read 7282 times)

niemand

• Kitizen
Openreach Huawei 4 port ONT model
« on: January 02, 2020, 02:52:14 PM »

Greets,

What's the model number of the 4 port ONT Openreach are providing, please?

PhilipD

• Reg Member
Re: Openreach Huawei 4 port ONT model
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 03:05:08 PM »

Hi

I think there are two variants depending on if you are ECI or Huawei, so you need to know which one.

Regards

Phil

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 03:09:03 PM »

See topic of post  ;)

PhilipD

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 03:29:21 PM »

Laugh, missed the title completely.

I think they are still supplying the HG8240.

Regards

Phil

psychopomp1

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 04:45:38 PM »

Yeah its the HG8240:

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 01:54:12 AM »

I believe the regulator has moved responsibility for uptime during power outages to providers.

Vulnerable customers need battery backup. Someone like me does not.

However I will be on an FTTP-only build so it'll be interesting to see what the developer is providing - they are the ones ordering the kit from Openreach.

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2020, 02:42:29 PM »

However I will be on an FTTP-only build so it'll be interesting to see what the developer is providing - they are the ones ordering the kit from Openreach.

Does the developer get to choose what sort of ONT, Openreach provide? I would have assumed Openreach just provide their standard kit at that time to a developer.

As you know, OR are migrating to smaller ONT's without BBU as standard.

PhilipD

• Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2020, 02:56:03 PM »

Hi

Does the developer get to choose what sort of ONT, Openreach provide? I would have assumed Openreach just provide their standard kit at that time to a developer.

As you know, OR are migrating to smaller ONT's without BBU as standard.

That is exactly the one I've got given on a recent FTTP install.

Indeed, and I doubt the developer has any knowledge of what ONTs are available and why would the developer specify one thing over another?  It will be what Openreach are supplying at the time is what you get :-)

Regards

Phil

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2020, 03:24:29 PM »

To clarify: the development started build when the 4 port kit was standard, so depending when they ordered the kit will be the judge of what's supplied.

You are right on developers not having a choice. See the stores codes at https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/fibre-for-developers/guides-and-handbooks

:)

psychopomp1

• Reg Member
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2020, 04:09:05 PM »

Will that house you're supposed to be buying ever get built Carl? Been > 12 months hasn't it?  :o Who's the developer out of interest?

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2020, 05:22:38 PM »

Will that house you're supposed to be buying ever get built Carl? Been > 12 months hasn't it?  :o

It is my suspicion that Carl's requirements for a three-phase mains supply, 200A per phase, has pushed the whole developments power specification way past what the local operator had "pencilled in" to provide. Hence a new 11kV feeder and sub-station needs to be built.  ;)  The moral is, therefore, don't run Juniper kit at home!  :angel:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2020, 06:14:35 PM »

Will that house you're supposed to be buying ever get built Carl? Been > 12 months hasn't it?  :o Who's the developer out of interest?

Oh mate.

We first saw the show home in 2017.

Our plot was going to be in the last phase and built by January 2019.

This was pushed back to August 2019. We paid reservation fee in early 2019.

About June it was pushed back to March / April 2020. Maybe October it was brought forward to probably January 2020 and that is now firmed up.

The Openreach construction will be done by next week. The property itself complete around that same time just waiting for the road and landscaping.

The developer is a small, local one. I'll drop you a line privately if you wish but not really their fault: a single overrun cascaded and impacted us heavily as our plot is on what was the site office. The moving of the site office was delayed and, hence, our plot couldn't get built until that move was done.

Painful as it's been the build quality is excellent, both developer and builder are local and having waited this long and gone through extraordinary inconvenience on a number of levels there's no way we're letting this go now.

Never been so eager to spend so much money.

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2020, 06:18:52 PM »

It is my suspicion that Carl's requirements for a three-phase mains supply, 200A per phase, has pushed the whole developments power specification way past what the local operator had "pencilled in" to provide. Hence a new 11kV feeder and sub-station needs to be built.  ;)  The moral is, therefore, don't run Juniper kit at home!  :angel:

Hah!

There are 32 amp EV chargers at every property, local authority requirement, so the power feed is going to be pretty fat.

Bandwidth is going to be far more painful when I've the dual 1 Gb services in place. 2 of 2.4 Gb drawn by me on demand in an FTTP-only area.  :angel:

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2020, 02:48:12 PM »

Linking to my post elsewhere on this fine forum discussing the masterplan and why I'm interested in the 4 port ONT - https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,24206.msg407568.html#msg407568

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2020, 09:36:50 PM »

Hey Psychopomp guess what: they just pushed the completion date back again. :-X
Pages: [1] 2

anything