Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Plusnet customers may not be receiving some of their emails  (Read 18226 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk

I would say highly likely plusnet have a dns reliability problem, likely doing some kind of spf check or something, dns lookup is failing and then they have a configuration that cannot deal with that fail condition so it rejects the mail.  550 is an internal error code, meaning its caused by server configuration fail condition.

Indeed...  and that has already been suggested several times by users in threads over on their forum.     But PN just say they are unable to replicate it.
They've been asking lots of people for more information for months, but despite this they are no further forward into finding a solution.

to any plusnet customers (or any isp customers really), I will say it again, its a bad idea to use broadband provided email solutions.

Yup.  I think I'd be horrified to know that important mail had been rejected..   there was a case on there whereby one of their customer's had had an email from his bank undelivered and only found out because they'd ended up contacting him by snail mail.

Pretty diabolical.  :-[

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick

I always used a separate email service provider, not my ISP, for email. Now that my former favoured small email server provider is in more - in the sense that they were taken over - I have switched to using AA.net.uk for my email. AA is a separate email service provider anyway though. You can buy email service from AA for @some-domain-of-yours without needing to use AA for internet access.
Pages: 1 [2]