Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Update on Greater Manchester’s £32m Gigabit Full Fibre Project  (Read 1073 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/01/update-on-greater-manchesters-32m-gigabit-full-fibre-project.html

The Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) has given its approval to the selection of a preferred bidder (due to be named within the next few weeks) to deliver on their Local Full Fibre Network (LFFN) project, which originally aimed to deploy a 450km long Gigabit speed fibre network to serve 1,300 public sector sites.

It's about time we got some movement on this. I think my local council is one of the ones most eager to get this under way. For the size of Greater Manchester we seem to be under performing at the moment when it comes to full fibre investment. I'm not a Labour supporter, but Andy Burnham is very organised when it comes to big projects and what the people want. So I look forward to the preferred bidder to be announced soon.

Depending on how this goes, I'll decide what my next move is, i.e. wait it out for OR or CityFibre, or throw my lot in with VM if this area isn't going to get FTTP in years.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

anything