Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Weekend Chat  (Read 3725 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Weekend Chat
« on: July 05, 2008, 06:46:32 AM »

Morning all,

Dull and windy out there this morning, looks like there could be some rain....well they forecast it so I won't shout!

Hope you have a great weekend whatever you've got planned....I've got some craft work to catch up on - at least it's pleasurable  ;D and not a chore, yay!

Have a good day.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Weekend Chat
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 09:51:43 AM »

Morning.

Grey, wet and windy again but very mild and there is a funny bit of blue in the sky away to nor'-east so there might be a break coming.

Nothing special to be done today, so will have lazy day (at my age they all are, really)

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 10:26:40 AM »

Raining here... bloody typical when it's the Lord Mayor's Procession later on today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/norfolk/content/articles/2008/07/03/places_lord_mayors_procession_20080703_feature.shtml
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 11:14:53 AM »

Raining quite heavy here now. In trouble with cat again, made him go out this morning 'cos he was a bit too bouncy at six o'clock this morning, going to be wet when I let him in, coffee first I think though.

Chrissie did you bake your cake, I might make some banana muffins later now that its cooled off a bit and can bear having oven on.

How dare it rain on the mayors parade.

Never did get that hedge cut, no chance now.

Lazy day today - not even dressed yet, hope vicar doesn't call round ;D

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 02:28:04 PM »

It's three hours since you posted, yorkie..................I hope you are by now properly dressed  :lol:

scottiesmum

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 03:07:40 PM »

We are only half dressed  !!!!!! :o  ;D    shorts and tops  .... :sun: :sun:  I won't put any more sunshine than that, otherwise Eric will have words  :lol:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 03:27:47 PM »

Any more of that talk about being only half dressed and you'll get some of the chaps here in a lather :lol:
  Eric

Yorkie

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 03:33:21 PM »

You may rest assured that I am now in a fit state to receive any passing vicar. ;D

The sun is out now and its very warm, still and humid although the passing clouds are going at a fair lick.

Spoke too soon, heavens have opened and its also thundering, so its bye bye from me.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 03:58:19 PM by Yorkie »

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 04:32:25 PM »

Yes Yorkie I baked two sultana cakes, thought having the oven on for one you might as well bake two and double the ingredients.  I've never made banana muffins only cherry ones... are the banana ones difficult to make?

Hope the storm didn't last long... rarely get them in these ere parts even when we need one to clear the air!

Chrissie

Yorkie

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 05:43:19 PM »

Woooooooooooooeeeeeeee that's what I call a storm, thunder to rattle the windows, rain bouncing higher than those balls at Wimbledon, hailstones and lightning arcing right across the sky. The cat and I stood on the back doorstep and watched it.

The muffins are real easy, virtually throw it all and mix it up. I can paste the recipe if you want to try it.

The sun is now shining again and people wonder why we are obsessed with the weather.

toulouse

• Reg Member
  • I like cheesecake !!!
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 08:33:58 AM »

Morning each,

Got back from Torquay on Friday - had a lovely time.

Off to Berlin (for Radiohead) tomorrow, but driving up to stay with my bro' in Maidstone overnight. Still no idea where we'll be staying when we get to Berlin, but I did pass on the info that Chrissie supplied.

It's 8:29 (ish) here in Zummerset and we've had a ton of rain already this a.m. Still, I don't care, I'm off to Berlin.  ;) :) :P

Have a nice day and I'll see you guys later in the week

toulouse

Utility Warehouse (via TalkTalk)
FTTC 40/10
ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A
ECI (approx 750 metres)

People tell me that I ought to get out more. But in the words of the great Homer J Simpson, "Yeah, but what ya gonna do ?"

Yorkie

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 10:53:50 AM »

Now don't you go drinking too much of that German beer, but have a good time.

One of the few things I regret is that I didn't travel more when I was younger, its a lot easier now of course, but thats no excuse, now I cann't be bothered.

Guess what its raining again, going to watch the British Grand prix later, rain forcast for there so that should make things interesting.

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 12:58:39 PM »

Morning all,

Yorkie you can send some of that rain down here if you like, we only get a smidgen occasionally so I don't mind more coming our way - can't speak for the rest of the natives tho ha.

Would love the recipe for the muffins please if you can do it, always willing to try new recipes if I can, thank you in advance.

Have a good time in Berlin toulouse... are you bringing some of that rain up to Maidstone today?  Mind you they always have more there than we do in NW Kent anyway so they might not welcome anymore from Zummerset way  ;D

Have a Sunday that's fun and happy if you can, I've fings to do later so probably won't be online again today unless I can escape hehe.

Chrissie

scottiesmum

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2008, 08:09:19 PM »

We've been celebrating  two events this weekend,  our 32nd Wedding Anniversary and Hubby's birthday   (what a lovely present he got  32  years ago   :lol:) had a general stream of people  over 2 days ......lots of Kir Royal and  :sun: :sun:    .....having a quiet evening now .... :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 01:22:55 PM »

>> 32nd Wedding Anniversary

Congratulations to the both of you   :congrats:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker