Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Latency issues after storm  (Read 977 times)

AlexP92

• Just arrived
Latency issues after storm
« on: December 17, 2019, 10:27:40 PM »

Hello,

I hope someone may be able to point me in the right direction of some resource to try and resolve my issue.

On Sunday night there was a fairly brief storm in my area. Large clap of thunder and lightning. It pretty much instantly cut out my internet which is supplied by Virgin Media, 200mbs. The TV also cut out. Both were restored the next evening however since then I have been having some issues with what i'd describe as my internet briefly cutting out.

It is obvious when playing an online game I drop connection and then up to 30 seconds later everything catches back up and it is fine. The TV is also buffering and stuttering and kind of links up (to note the TV was not streaming just normal channels, it is a new TIVO box).

As per usual trying to explain this to Virgin Media customer services is very challenging and I have been told I have no issue! To try and prove to them there is an issue I recall I have Broadband quality monitor set up. Low and behold I believe this clearly shows I have an issue, I am just not sure how to articulate the issue I am having!

Would be great if someone could recommend me some next steps to take?

Tuesday 10th December Example

Tuesday 17th December Issue

Kind regards,

Alex

[Moderator edited to fix the broken links.]
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 10:45:20 PM by burakkucat »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
Re: Latency issues after storm
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 04:18:03 PM »