Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: G.fast with Green ISP  (Read 7024 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
Re: G.fast with Green ISP
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2020, 10:27:48 PM »

Green isp has agree to written off 12 months after they accepted my gp letter states of mental illness breakdown

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2020, 10:34:18 PM »

Hopefully things will now start to improve for you.  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2020, 11:03:12 PM »

Ye gawds max. Like we didn't see that one coming.     :no:

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but regardless of you health we did tell you that it was an expensive luxury that you didn't need.   I really had hoped that we'd gotten through to you a few months ago, but you still went ahead and did it. 

For all the same reasons I gave a few months ago you really must stop this merry-go-round of ISPs.  It does not help your mental health if it is also going to affect your wallet too.   I was wondering how you were going to manage financially.   

I'm speaking frank because we do care and because someone has to. We are not being unkind, because we all can see that it is not in your best interests to go chasing speeds you don't need, especially when you are lucky enough to have one of the best FTTC connections in the UK. 

I do hope that things improve - please do go find a way to use the 80Mbps connection that you have.  I'm sure there must be games out there that you could at least get into which may perhaps take your mind of broadband speeds and stats for a while. :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2020, 02:26:43 AM »

I know from experience that with mental health problems, its easy to focus on chasing material things when you have so little control over the rest of your life.

For me I chased my PC specifications, which fortunately you do hit a barrier at some point where you can't really go any higher.

When it comes to broadband I even went off the deep end a bit myself, getting a Three unlimited SIM and then finding it wanting so got the second VDSL line.  In my case, I DO use the bandwidth so its not like I completely wasted my money, perhaps more importantly, I can afford it.

But I can understand how in a different situation, its easy to get further and further down that rabbit hole, obsessing over things.  You see people do it all the time over collecting things, frustratingly thanks to capitalism there are whole markets specifically targeted to exploiting people in that situation.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2020, 02:35:18 AM »

ETA

Just seen that Carl has posted something similar here.
Apols to Carl for the duplication, but to Max.. it just shows how concerned we are getting about your fixation on your connection.     

Max I genuinely can't understand why you need more speed especially when funds are limited.  There will always be someone who has bigger, better, faster connection than you.    Most of us here are already jealous of your speeds and some others would literally kill to get a line as good as yours.   

But what else is concerning me is I've also just seen the Pulse8 thread.  I really hope that you are not considering going with Pulse8, the timing of their news and the wanting to cancel Green ISP is unnerving me, especially when you are back checking the checker again for speeds. 

It's not fair to the ISPs when you keep ordering new connections and then change your mind a few days later.   More so when it comes to one-man band ISP's working out of a shed with I bet little profit.   That guy probably works all hours for little reward.  He will likely now be out of pocket with Openreach and got nothing for all the work he has done.  It's unreasonable behaviour when it impacts others too.  :'(   

I'm sorry that you have health issues, but I am glad to hear the you have been prescribed medication.   I hope that this helps you, it may take a little while for you to feel the benefits of the medication so stick with it for a while... and if you have probs with them go back to your GP as there are alternatives that could be tried.
Good luck and GWS.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2020, 02:41:07 AM »

Kitz - pulse8 say Openreach has rejected G.fast 330/50 beecause there is capacity issues on the TalkTalk Business as I can see FasterFibre 150 check at my property they still rejected.

Anyway, I have put the cease order on the line set to be completed next week for G.fast and line to stopped. Also I have asking PN to downgraded my FTTC to 40/10 and then forget about check speed test, line stats, G.fast, FTTC 80/20 and TalkTalk Business G.fast and Virgin Media.

I just wasnt to forget it all for now and get myself better in my mental state health. I have to stop dreaming in a fantasy land of Cuckoo Oak. If FTTP has arrived, I shall not touch this!

Why am I doing this? Cos I was boredom, I like to look at the stats (worse time of my life is checking line stats every five minutes for the whole of 7 days!) I have to STOP NOW.

I was even pop down to car dealerships everywhere in Telford , deal, no deal, deal, no deal, order the car, cancel the car order. My GP are very worried about my health issues and want me to get checked out at the hospital and he refer me appointment and hope someome will sort me out. Cos I was badly very lonely on my own (lost my partner who has died too young ages mother to my daughter) and lost my favourite grandma piled the depression mood on me.

I do talking to myself in four walls (talk about Cuckoo Land Dream in a fantasy world of broadband, talk about a dream car too) wish I could meet a new woman to start me a new life for the better for me.

Maybe I am better off to be with god in heaven above us and stuff the broadband & car dream.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 02:52:37 AM by adslmax »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2020, 03:02:05 AM »

Kitz - pulse8 say Openreach has rejected G.fast 330/50 beecause there is capacity issues on the TalkTalk Business as I can see FasterFibre 150 check at my property they still rejected.

This is perhaps a good thing that it rejected.

Also I have asking PN to downgraded my FTTC to 40/10

I would have left that, I thought you were getting it free or something because of a mixup in billing ?

I just wasnt to forget it all for now and get myself better in my mental state health. I have to stop dreaming in a fantasy land of Cuckoo Oak.

That's good to hear that you are getting professional help.   
In addition are there any groups in your area that your doctors surgery can recommend?    There are usually support groups in most areas where you may perhaps meet up with people in a similar position to you.  There will hopefully be something that may interest you and will at least get you out of the house and take your mind off things for a few hours. Meeting new people and hopefully making new friends may make a heck of a difference to your sense of well-being.  Just ask the receptionist if they keep a list - if not the local library should have a lists of all the local groups. 

Wishing you the best.
-----

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2020, 03:20:03 AM »

I would have left that, I thought you were getting it free or something because of a mixup in billing ?

No, the billing has resolved now and expecting first payment next month!
Thanks for wishing me the best. That's what my GP suggest me to meet up peoples in the support group.

dee.jay

• ISP Rep
  • Reg Member
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2020, 09:34:31 AM »

Cuckoo Oak (presumably that's in Telford) a bit far from me (Wales) but if I was close enough I think I want to take you out for a pint and put the world to rights dude. Take it easy. If you want a talk or anything just shoot me a PM. I'm no counsellor - just being a friendly stranger on the internet.
Starlink and AAISP L2TP combo routed by opnSense on proxmox

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2020, 10:28:12 AM »

Why am I doing this? Cos I was boredom, I like to look at the stats (worse time of my life is checking line stats every five minutes for the whole of 7 days!) I have to STOP NOW.

You have the entire Internet at your disposal.

Maybe learn something new?

https://www.coursera.org/
https://www.skillshare.com/
Pages: 1 [2]