Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: DSLstats how to restore previously recorded data  (Read 2760 times)

jrumball

DSLstats how to restore previously recorded data
« on: December 06, 2019, 05:21:21 PM »

My VDSL line has started falling again this time it lasted 7months.... I have a raspberry Pi set up with DSLstats to monitor my Billion 8800NL modem . How do I get DSLstats to restore what it had been recording before a crash or restart ? At the moment after restart I can't see any of the previously recorded data...

Thanks

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DSLstats how to restore previously recorded data
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 06:33:28 PM »

If DSLstats is closed down properly then all the current data is preserved, but if there's a crash or other unexpected closedown or restart, then the latest data will be lost.
  Eric

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 10:18:30 AM »

May be getting confused here but shouldn't all the data be in the .dslstats directory if you had snapshots and data store enabled?

I don't ever recall the graphs like dB in the GUI getting rebuilt after an app restart? 

Worse case should be if you haven't got a recent snapshot is to look at the individual lines in the data store file that is added each minute?

Obviously assumes you had the appropriate options on and the crash hasn't completely killed the sd card.

Again maybe confused here especially after roseways reply.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 10:49:09 AM »

You're right of course - my previous reply was an oversimplification. Some data and snapshots get saved after a manual shut down (depending on the snapshots configuration), and the ES/hour graph is redisplayed when DSLstats is restarted, but the other graphs are started afresh.  With an unplanned shutdown, no data is saved, apart from snapshots etc which have already been saved.
  Eric

jrumball

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 11:54:13 AM »

Thanks my issue is the Raspberry Pi keeps falling over every other day, so it is not closing the app nicely.... I have swapped SD card and PSU so I guess I just have a flakey board it was running 24/7 for about 18 months...... I guess I will just need a new Pi

Thanks

anything