Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: FTTC Service: May Be Doing a House Swap  (Read 907 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
FTTC Service: May Be Doing a House Swap
« on: November 10, 2019, 04:01:17 AM »

My council offer me to move from my house (3 bedrooms) to another house (2 bedrooms house) to cut down my budget to save the bedroom tax. Hopefully moving within next two weeks if the person agree to swap with my house but can PN transfer home move FTTC to FTTC?

My current house:

Address ******************** on Exchange CUCKOO OAK is served by Cabinet 8
   High    Low    High    Low             
VDSL Range A (Clean)    80    68    19    18    62.6    Available    Available    --    
VDSL Range B (Impacted)    80    66.5    18    20    60    Available    Available    --    
G.fast Range A (Clean)    207.4    159.5    29.6    12.4    137.7    Amber    Amber    --    
G.fast Range B (Impacted)    167.1    114    19.8    9.4    101.7    Amber    Amber    --    

My moving house:

Address ******************** on Exchange CUCKOO OAK is served by Cabinet 6
   High    Low    High    Low          
VDSL Range A (Clean)    80    79    19    18    74.3    Available    Available    
VDSL Range B (Impacted)    80    79    18    20    74    Available    Available    
G.fast Range A (Clean)    330    330    50    45.4    330    Amber    Amber    
G.fast Range B (Impacted)    330    330    50    33.5    330    Amber    Amber    

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 04:18:32 AM by adslmax »

re0

• Reg Member
Re: FTTC Service: May Be Doing a House Swap
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 04:25:32 AM »

Yes, you can transfer your service to a new home. You will also be able to keep your number since it is on the same Exchange.

The fees involved are as noted in the legal bit:
If you want to carry on with the contract you've got at the moment, you'll need to pay £65 to move your broadband. If you need to have a phone line put in, it'll cost £49.99.

You can find out more information here. You should contact the number provided on the website as soon as possible when you know it is confirmed to prevent downtime. Ideally, as it says on the website, with 2-3 weeks notice.

By the way, those are some nice G.fast estimates. Mine used to look like that before the service was live if I recall correctly.
ISP: Gigaclear - Hyperfast 900 (up to 940 Mbps symmetrical)

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 04:29:39 AM »

Well, I only hope a young woman with three children can swap my house if she like my house. But I will view her house next week, hopefully very nice house inside as I seen some house are worse I ever seen.

As for G.fast, I know it nice estimates but I stay with FTTC for time being.

re0

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 04:36:13 AM »

Hopefully it all goes well for you, especially if it helps you save a little bit more.

I understand G.fast is out of the question (and it isn't really needed), but those estimates look like you'll be very close to the cabinet - you should be back up to the full 80/20 then hopefully. :thumbs:

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 04:43:32 AM »

Yep, should be back up to 80/20 easily with this estimates.

dee.jay

• ISP Rep
  • Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 07:53:34 AM »

Must be right by the cabinet, very nice.
Starlink and AAISP L2TP combo routed by opnSense on proxmox

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 09:07:31 PM »

The woman with three children like my house and would agree with swap over to her house depend as I going to see her house tomorrow. Wish me luck if I like her house with overall nice and clean then I will go ahead and swap her house. She seem little flirty with me today.  >:D

:fingers: If I moved to her house then I will probably go for G.fast 330/50 after xmas but for time being will move from cabinet 8 to 6 with same exchange FTTC 80/20 to 80/20.

If I accepted and like her house tomorrow then we both have to go to council next week to signed agreement to swap over but it won't be ready to swap over around 2-3 week time. So, that worry me because of xmas coming up and openreach might not be able to move FTTC until after xmas?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 09:12:59 PM by adslmax »

re0

• Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2019, 09:20:14 PM »

She seem little flirty with me today.  >:D
Maybe she was just being polite?  :-X

Might be worth checking out the price guide if that is the plan. Though it doesn't seem PN's early termination fees are that bad.

I still don't think you need G.fast, but if you are definitely moving and the DSL checker estimates are enticing, then you may want to consider cancelling your new contract within the cooling off period if that applies because you could end up spending much more in early termination fees than you would it you just stuck on your original contract until then.

Just some stuff to consider.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 09:25:47 PM »

Thanks re0

Plusnet contract has expired but other one is still on pending as this one PN can't sort this out. See screenshot.

[attachment deleted by admin]

re0

• Reg Member
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2019, 09:34:28 PM »

I was under the impression that you can cancel up to 14 days after sign-up and not incur early termination fees. However, I'm not entirely sure how it works with upgrades - someone else might need to chip in here. Might be worth contacting PN if in doubt, but I have a feeling it is the same.

As for the screenshot, I'm not sure. The one dated 1970 looks to be the new pending contract? I'm not very familiar with PN's billing.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2019, 10:12:55 PM »

Perhaps contact Gandalf and tell him you may well be moving house.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2019, 10:22:49 PM »

Yes I will let him know but I have to wait until I see her house first.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2019, 10:34:12 AM »

Have to say disappointed don't like her house at all (very dirty and lots of repairs) so I am stayed at my own house for now.