Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Interleaving - how long does it take to remove?  (Read 10748 times)

mrk26

• Reg Member
Re: Interleaving - how long does it take to remove?
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2019, 03:26:50 PM »

Since I reworked my extension with proper cat5e cable I don't get errors in burst of hundreds or thousands , 1-2/15min sometimes 0 and then in other 15min 1-2 ES.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2019, 04:22:38 PM »

I always used to go off the 2880/day rule but from my experience over the past three months or so I feel that interleaving is taking longer to be removed.

It used to take 2 or 3 days but the last few times for me it has been approximately 12d, 10d and 16d.

If you get a massive burst of ES (eg 500) the DLM can still kick in overnight even if you are no where near 2880 for the rest of the day.

Those are the red thresholds for increased DLM stability, not thresholds for it to be removed (green).

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2019, 05:31:17 PM »

I'm not sure what DLM is playing at right now.
This spike got me interleaved on the 16th of Oct.   Total Err secs that day was just 450.  I had no disconnects and the modem had been up for over 2 months.

Its still not been removed over 5 wks later,  despite an average of just 10 Err secs per day.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2019, 06:38:15 PM »

you think its possible kitz the data we have has now been obsoleted?

That seems crazy for that day, you basically just had an extra 20 ES or there about's.

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2019, 09:27:06 PM »

I'm glad it is not just me that is/was having problems as at least it maybe a global change and not specific to me.

Kitz I wasn't kidding when I said I left mine disconnected for 6hrs (afternoon) I wonder if that actually did something and kicked it into action.  It was weird that it was removed that night.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 09:30:17 PM by ktz392837 »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2019, 10:15:12 PM »

you think its possible kitz the data we have has now been obsoleted?

Even if it has changed, that is a ludicrously low figure - Way too low to be workable for most lines. 
A spike of 25 Err Secs should not trigger DLM -  Thats if it was attributable to the spike at all.    My total Err Secs for that day AND whole proceeding week only came to 2096

That seems crazy for that day, you basically just had an extra 20 ES or there about's.

Yup.  25 to be precise.
Nor should it be still stuck nrly 6 wks later.   More like something is a bit broken. 

I'm glad it is not just me that is/was having problems as at least it maybe a global change and not specific to me.

I don't know if its related or not but I've had 2 small outages within the past few weeks both at around 1am where there was no backhaul connectivity.   
An outage at that time of night is usually Openreach messing with something.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2019, 11:54:00 PM »

I don't know if its related or not but I've had 2 small outages within the past few weeks both at around 1am where there was no backhaul connectivity.

Correction 4 of them.    I hadn't noticed one yesterday morning at 1:30 plus another.   The two I had noticed were only because I was watching Netflix and the stream came to a halt.

Anyhow I caved in and thought I'd try my luck contacting PN just before they closed to ask for a DLM reset. 

Call was answered on first ring and CS rep seemed entirely competent and knowledgeable - we were chatting whilst he ran the required fault tests before a reset can be requested. He agreed that the line was stable with low error rate for past few months and he could see no visible reason why it had been applied and that in theory it should have been removed a few weeks ago. 

-----

I know I could have capped and am aware that a reset will probably leave me with default interleave for a short while...   but I am hoping that a reset will clear any accumulating data where the DLM gets stricter for each subsequent event.     
-----

mrk26

• Reg Member
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2019, 07:59:23 AM »

Cut the long story I decided to rework my extension cable as I have aluminium installation on extensions in my house (house 2 years old) , after rework was done modem connected running constantly for over 14 days no any errors at all apart of 100k fec per day on downstream upstream maybe 3k. After 14 days decided to give a breath for dlm, modem disconnected for 9h from morning to late afternoon, turned back on for over 10 days, same figures, no any errors apart of FEC. Decided to cap line once capped fast patch kicks in on upstream after 3 days, for another 15 das with cap on booth upstream and downstream no luck with fastpatch for download. However I noticed that snr on U0 band go up like hell comparing to other bands so I decided to remove cap from upstream and keep it only on downstream to drop snr on U0 band, once I did that after 3 dsys fastpatch kicked in on downstream as well. Yesterday I removed cap completely and amount of errors looks sensible, just over 130 CRC, over 320 HEC, just over 100 ES. Hopefully DLM will leave me alone for now once I improved my line.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2019, 09:21:15 AM »

The recovery following a reset is still about 2 days at least so that's something, I was back on fast path on 3rd day after I changed isp.

I wonder now as well with the default interleaving, if the first move to fast path counts as the "first" recovery meaning the first time you get DLM'd it counts as a second event?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 09:28:18 AM by Chrysalis »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2019, 09:41:15 AM »

The reset occurred this morning. 
Straight to INP 0

>> first time you get DLM'd it counts as a second event?

Would have thought it would count the events from the ILQ records as per usual. 
A trigger event would be ILQ red or ILQ crimson.

----
and just as I hit send, my phone advised me that the daily morning spike is still there.   ~2k CRCs in one minute but Err Secs is 107 so should hopefully be ok.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 09:49:16 AM by kitz »
-----

Jon21

• Reg Member
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2019, 10:39:01 AM »

Interleaving was removed just before 4am this morning. (Ignore any red spikes, that's me messing with the router). About 9-10 days to go from Interleaved back to Fastpath.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 02:36:40 PM by Jon21 »

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2019, 02:11:57 PM »

Just noticed i'm unfortunately back on interleaved.  Had a burst of only 300 or so ES a few days ago and that night it immediately reapplied.  The max 2880 es/day rule is definitely not applying anymore for me.  Something else must be being taken into account.

mrk26

• Reg Member
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2019, 05:11:09 PM »

I got daily 300 ES and still on fastpatch, so must be something else in your case...
Maybe too much CRC or HEC errors ?

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2019, 05:36:19 PM »

Kitz was DLM'd with an extremely low ES count so yes the most plausible explanation is now some extra parameters are been monitored and used for decision making.

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2019, 07:00:24 PM »

I wonder if these possible new rules are for ECI cabinets only.  Wouldn't surprise me.

ISPs should be given the ability to adjust the interleave setting and db values. 

Decent ISPs could then add features to their control panel so end users can adjust with appropriate disclaimers.

I wonder why it takes so little to activate interleaving but then so much to get rid?  Very annoying.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6